Xenforo 2.1 Upgrade Questions/Issues

Art Andrews

Community Owner
Community Staff
We will be migrating to the latest version of our forum software tomorrow, starting at roughly 10am (possibly a bit later). We expect to be down for at least a couple of hours during this move.

This update will bring a great deal more mobile-friendliness to the site and should increase the speed as well as improve many other smaller features.

We have been running on Xenforo's 1.5 software since November. In the interest of improving your user experience while visiting this community, this weekend we upgraded the forum software to the new Xenforo 2.1 software. This was not a migration event, but it is a major upgrade and we chose to do it for a number of reasons including:

• Increased site speed and faster load times, especially on mobile
  • Improved user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) for desktop and mobile
  • Many improved mobile-friendly features
  • Emoji support
  • Retina avatar and smilie support
  • Improved navigation
  • Improved message editing
  • Alerts in favicon
  • Limited push notification
  • Dark Theme

We are currently experiencing some issues with ads stacking. Should be resolved by Monday. Otherwise, if you notice any obvious issues, please let us know.

Also, there are a number of things that have changed so please try and take a moment to look around at the screens/links before posting that something is missing/broken. :)

The button to go to the most recent unread post in a thread seems to be gone... Is that intentional?

ll.jpg……..lll.jpg

I'm getting ads with the upgrade. (this time for sure) There are many of them.

I don't know where to report problems with using the website. But I can't find a non-repetitive list of threads I've posted in. I can see a list of my recent activity, but it shows multiple posts per thread, rather than just the threads. Where can I find a record/list of just the threads I've posted in/subscribed to (if thread subscriptions are even still a thing).

Also, I completely lost track of the buyer/seller feedback area when you guys made the previous update. I haven't sent or received feedback to/from anyone since then because I have no idea where or how to do that anymore.

So post counts, message counts, rep points, and all those previous details are a thing of the past now? I know you can see them when you actually click on a profile, but I did like seeing that info under user avatars for quick reference.

Increased site speed and load times, especially on mobile

How do I stay logged in? So yeh increased load time.

• Improved user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) for desktop and mobile

Watched threads used to just show ones with new posts - a very easy quick glance feature. Now it shows everything & I have to check dates & times of last posted.

How are these improvements?

When I scroll down, there is a toolbar at the top of the screen obscuring part of the content.
I don't see any option to disable it.

I do have a "Home" key on my keyboard, and the toolbar does not offer navigation around the forum, so I don't need it.

I don't know where to report problems with using the website. But I can't find a non-repetitive list of threads I've posted in. I can see a list of my recent activity, but it shows multiple posts per thread, rather than just the threads. Where can I find a record/list of just the threads I've posted in/subscribed to (if thread subscriptions are even still a thing).

Also, I completely lost track of the buyer/seller feedback area when you guys made the previous update. I haven't sent or received feedback to/from anyone since then because I have no idea where or how to do that anymore.

You can find your subscribed (now called "Watched") threads here:
Watched Threads.jpg

With regard to seller feedback, that still hasn't been reintroduced. We had to make this jump from the XF 1.5 to XF 2.1 to gain access to the software that can import your old feedback. We are starting that process on Monday.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back