X-Wing / Tie Pilot glove details

RBJ

Sr Member
I know I’ve heard a bunch of things over the years about screen used pilot gloves. Were they made by production, a found item or a combination of both? I think a set was for sale here once. Here’s what I remember from over the years but not sure how accurate it is...any info or pics would be appreciated

-leather glove
-vinyl gauntlet
-thin white cotton liner
1A0BF739-D53E-4EF1-AF4B-46DA624BD56E.jpeg

As with most things Star Wars, they vary. I believe they were old motorcycle gloves.

Some pilots had gloves like this but with shorter cuffs, others with the length you have here. They look about right, so that's good. Continuity was never SW's strong suit. :D

That's quite interesting that the cuffs (or whatever term) are vinyl and the gloves are leather. This is new to me, and like everything in star wars, stupid and fascinating

About 15-20 years ago I came to the conclusion that they made the gloves by converting some found work/motorcycle gloves into the costume item by adding a vinyl cuff.

It's not that hard. After looking at all the motorcycle, renaissance, etc... gloves on the market. i just made my own. I found a pair of gloves that had the similar thickness and seam construction. They were motorcycle gloves, that had a small gauntlet cuff. I removed the small cuff and added a new cuff based off a pattern I made. I was able to do it on the sewing machine. They came out very nice.

i'm pretty sure they were off the shelf found parts not made up Frankenstein gloves , i found Holden's in the uk selling them but sold out permanently before i could save up for a pair :sleep: ( that's what happens when you share info before you buy lol ) i think the price was around £60/£70

just like the ones posted in my found parts thread cotton liner in the glove no liner in the cuff gauntlet part just plain
i remember the gloves that were for sale on here years back i might have the pics saved :unsure:

this is a pic comparison made by sam a ukg member of the Holden's i found years ago and i think the lfl gloves might be the ones that were for sale here. info on bottom of pic

50836189303_fe01f6b499_o.jpg

Last edited:
Just showing some of my found vintage gloves. First gloves are the typical design and seam pattern but I think there were variations depending on what was available as some had a strap.

20231107_174641.jpg

20231107_174702.jpg

20231107_175047.jpg

20231107_175135.jpg

13340209_1106338366097841_838151683301546167_o.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back