X-wing part ID help

Yes.

They are from a very large scale YAMOTO. Battle ship.

LONG Out of production, and very expensive.

They are under the anti aircraft guns.

Why?
need some?

Well, there are three of these kits that I know about. The 1/200 Nichimo Yamato is the biggest and most expensive of the three. Then there are two 1/250 kits, one by ARII and the other by Doyusha. (The latter is used on Galactica projects.) They are more affordable and still readily available.

This clue got me thinking. If it's the like piece from my Tamiya 1/700 scale kit, then calculating from references I've made means its from a 1/500 kit. I found a likely candidate and just ordered it. I guess I'll find out when it arrives!

Nichimo also made a kit in the 1/500 range? That's interesting. IIRC, Fujimi also made a mid-size kit and I think it might have been 1/450. That one is pretty rare, but Hasegawa made a 1/450 that is common. These two companies seem to have shared molds for their 1/700 waterline series, so I wonder if they did the same for the larger kits.

I think I have more Yamatos in various scales than any other subject. Ah, the joys of studio-scale modeling. . . LOL :lol

1/450 sounds familiar.

Might have the Name wrong. I dont remember.

Its the REALLY BIG KIT. Probably the biggest one ever available.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back