WWII "M1 Garand" rifle replica?

darthwhitey

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
hey guys

i am looking for an accurate M1 Garand rifle used in WWII...

i know that there was a Paratrooper version of this rifle with a folding stock too...

anyone have any ideas or links to places that sell such a thing?

i did find a couple places that sell "Airsoft" versions that shoot the little plastic pellets which are sorta cool...

thanks.

brad

The paratrooper rifle you refer to is actually a 30 cal M1 Carbine called an M1A1. The Garand is the full size 30-06 Rifle.

I don't know about replicas, but if you are a US citizen, and it's legal to own rifles in your state, then you gotta check out the Civilian Marksmanship Program. About the cheapest way to buy a REAL M1 Garand that once served in the US armed forces. Sadly, they are sold out of many of the variations, and the M1 Carbines are long gone, but the venerable M1 Garand is still available, starting at about $350. Most resin replicas I have seen are about this much too.

Check them out at http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm And you better get them while they last. This program won't be around long, and the supply of the M1s are waining. When I got involved with this program, the most expensive option was $550. Now thats gone way up. Supply/demand I guess.

you guys are amazing.

this was my first real post and get all these AWESOME replies.

i live in the USA in Indiana

i need to take some time and really check out these options...

i really just want as accurate a rifle as possible...whether its resin or real, firing or not, i dont really care

thanks again.

brad

I would concur that the DCM Garands are the way to go...

You could get an real steel, firing Field Grade M1 for $425 as opposed to a 6mm airsoft BB rifle for more than that price...

If functionality isn't an issue, you may want to check out this...
http://ssl.maxsell.com/ProductDetails.aspx...ductID=1655&sm=

Unfortunately, they don't have a picture of the actual rifle, but still in all sounds reasonable at that price for a full size resin replica...

My $.02...

well, the more i think about it...

if i'm gonna spend upwards of $500 or more i might as well just get an actual rifle...or at least something that is made of steel and wood...

i won't be taking it anywhere (cons, etc)...it will only be used for display

the only thing that would be neat about the Airsoft gun is the occasional fun.... :p

<div class='quotetop'>(darthwhitey @ Jun 26 2006, 08:24 AM) [snapback]1268438[/snapback]</div>
the only thing that would be neat about the Airsoft gun is the occasional fun.... :p
[/b]
The real thing can be lots of fun also. Nothing quite like squeezing off that last round and hearing the "clink" of the clip hitting the ground beside you. I used to own an M1 that I bought from an army surplus store, hence my suggestion of looking there for one.

The first rifle I ever fired was a M1. I have one that I picked up about 20 years ago. It is one big, heavy 30-06 rifle. For more fun, try to pick up the cleaning kit for it too. It fits into a compartment in the rear of the stock. You can also attach a bayonet. Also, watch your thumb after firing the last round in the clip. You have to press a lever inside the "chamber" to release the bolt. It flies closed pretty fast and you have to get your thumb out of the way quickly.

Here is my full restored WWII M1 Garand, purchased from Miltech Arms.

garand.jpg

An absolute dream to shoot.

I will second the watch your thumb line. We like to call it getting a case of M1 thumb dang does it smart getting it slammed between bolt and receiver.

Think thats one reason i like the carbine a little better.

Here's my BOB build out for my 101st airborne. The M1 Garand is the Marushin airsoft version. Wood and metal, and loads of fun to shoot.

[image]http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/uploads/post-122-1137900522.jpg[/image]

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back