Wristblade question?

gam3rgod

Hey just a question about the wristblades what would be the best material to use for the blade? I was thinking steal do you guys think that would be alright?

I'm surprised someone hasn't jumped on this one.

Blades can be made of anything that will hold the blade shape and behave like you want. Hunters here have made them with just about everything.

Most (if not all) of the blades that are sold as a product are made of resin. Resin is good material to use but can be too brittle depending on which resin is used.

My personal blades and my masters are made of ABS plastic. I like working with it.

Hunters have also used aluminum(not recommended), Foamies, cardboard and wood.

If your making them, I'd say work with what your comfortable with and you'll be good.

I was actually wondering about this, because I was looking to make a cast of my wrist blades for someone who was interested in my gauntlet. I was looking at Castin' Craft clear polyester casting resin as one option, or Smooth-On Smooth-Cast 300 as the other option. I'm thinking that the Smooth-Cast 300 is easier to work with, since the polyester resin has some health hazards from inhaling the vapors.

Are there any better resins or casting compounds for wrist blades other than these two? I realize I'm sort of digressing and this might be better in the materials section.

I will be casting them in resin. As far as I am aware most venues that conventions are held in will not allow weapons of any kind in and will not allow metal blades. I'm hoping the my molds for the blades will be done by friday.

I will be casting them in resin. As far as I am aware most venues that conventions are held in will not allow weapons of any kind in and will not allow metal blades. I'm hoping the my molds for the blades will be done by friday.

well i am just going to put it with my weapons collection anyways

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back