WoW Orc Totem

Hawk Callo

Hello,
as I am new in here i would like to start of with sharing progress on one of my first creations :)

So i have made a Orc shaman totem from WoW as i didn't wanted to jump to anything big, because it is better to start slow and steady :)

I have bought some stuff from Smooth On and I wanted to try some casting so i can make more than just one totem.

Master was made from wooden stick, mdf, styrene and bunch of filler.
After i have had all 3 masters ready i went ahead and made 2 simple block molds for bottom of the totem and the horde logo. As for main body i hade to made a 2 part mold which honestly went pretty messy and i had only one chance to do it because i had only a little silicon left. Silicon used was Mold star 16 FAST.

Only problem with pouring Smooth-Cast 300 was that i have made too small hole in the two part mold and i couldn't pour it fast enough and it cured in the cup so i have filled up only half of the mold.

Next step was sanding and painting cast which went pretty smoothly except a few problems here and there :)

Here you have a picture of completed piece, more on my FB page: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.814694038595117.1073741835.749396548458200&type=3

10834959_817140355017152_5652955133953794089_o.jpg

I hope you like it and thanks for your comments! Cheers

Very cool! There's nothing for scale! How big are they? I used to love that game I played Horde as a Forsaken priest. Great project!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back