Working chainsword and Battle Sister armor

Finnlock

Hello,

My 1st posting here of something I have made.
It's a set of armor from warhammer 40k for the Sisters of Battle with working chainsword. It's a mixture of all the differnt drawings, artwork and minis from the game.

These are pitcures and a video(not mine) from Games Day in Baltimore last Saturday.
YouTube - Gamer girl at gamesday baltimore 2010

Some still shots of the chainsword.
da724910.jpg

7c71489b.jpg

Some armor shots from Games Day

80280b1a.jpg

2d9eea5e.jpg

9bf6f311.jpg

Shot of the WIP backpack
2fde773a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks really good. I never got into Warhammer (even the videogames) but I love their over the top designs for things.

Finnlock, that chainsword is badass! Someone wants me to make them a working chainsword and yours looks amazing. Can I pick your brain on how you made it? do you have any WIP pics? Your suit is great as well, unfortunately that video is terrible, it shakes so much I can barely see you or the sword. any chance of a video you can make at home to show off the awesome details better?

That is awesome. As a occasional 40k player that is spot on for the Sisters!

How heavy is that chainsword, bolter and the costume overall? And what are the two weapons made out of?

Great craftsmanship and you should definitely share how you got the chainsword to work.

Great Stuff! I'd LOVE to see you guyz strolling down Main street U.S.A.!
I got to party with GWAR after a show in Atlanta years ago, similar look to me, but more "foamy" on their part!

This is fantastic! I love all the weathering done, even the purity seal on the chainsword looks great! I'd love to take some closer looks at that armor, hell, even the kneepads are perfect.

Finnlock, that chainsword is badass! Someone wants me to make them a working chainsword and yours looks amazing. Can I pick your brain on how you made it? do you have any WIP pics? Your suit is great as well, unfortunately that video is terrible, it shakes so much I can barely see you or the sword. any chance of a video you can make at home to show off the awesome details better?

We'll work on getting a better video up. I'd like to do a photo shoot with it,but need a good location in northen NJ, bergen county area...anyone know of a good Gothic/battlezone lookin' like area in NJ or a good photographer in the area?

I would love to do a collaboration piece with you, because your casting you made would make for one awesome working chainsword!

I just got these images and gif in the mail from the fine folks at THQ. They took some photos and Neal was kind enough to send them to me. The Sister v.s. Ork gif is really awesome :)

Ork-vs-Sister_640x360-1.gif

GamesDay2010230-1.jpg

GamesDay2010221-1.jpg

Last edited:
No, not going to sell them. Might trade one, but I don't need the hassle from GW lawers..

I probably do a tutorial if people are interested.

I realise I'm reviving a long dead thread, but you wouldn't happen to have any in-progress shots or design specs would you Finnlock?

I'm looking at making a few bolters for a local costuming group and I rather like your design.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back