Wonderfest 2021

JiminSTLouis

Sr Member
Don’t forget Wonderfest is this weekend. I’ll be there with my 48”, 3D printed Jupiter 2.

5786F6E2-8BFE-4235-B5F9-9F851F9D62B2.jpeg

E3EA53EF-91F5-4CE9-820C-6577B496F0B4.jpeg

That's very cool!

I'm in California but my mom and sister live near Huntington West Virginia off I-64 making Louisville a very do-able distance when I'm visiting.

Maybe next year!

Yes please give a report with more photos if possible, I know nothing about WonderFest.

I'm in the Lost In Space age-bracket, I was 8 years old when the show made its debut in 1965.

What's always interested me was how when the show went into reruns they dropped the first season due to it being in black & white. The same thing happened with Gilligan's Island, The Beverly Hillbillies, and other shows whose runs crossed over the B&W - colour divide.

When TV went colour suddenly nobody wanted to watch a B&W show! And only colour episodes went into syndication, at least here.

Several years ago somebody gave me a DVD set of Season One of Lost In Space and it was an almost deja-vu experience watching those episodes, that I'd not seen since their original airing.

Last edited:
That's very cool!

I'm in California but my mom and sister live near Huntington West Virginia off I-64 making Louisville a very do-able distance when I'm visiting.

Maybe next year!

Yes please give a report with more photos if possible, I know nothing about WonderFest.

I'm in the Lost In Space age-bracket, I was 8 years old when the show made its debut in 1965.

What's always interested me was how when the show went into reruns they dropped the first season due to it being in black & white. The same thing happened with Gilligan's Island, The Beverly Hillbillies, and other shows whose runs crossed over the B&W - colour divide.

When TV went colour suddenly nobody wanted to watch a B&W show! And only colour episodes went into syndication, at least here.

Several years ago somebody gave me a DVD set of Season One of Lost In Space and it was an almost deja-vu experience watching those episodes, that I'd not seen since their original airing.
If you like building SCI-FI/Horror models or figure sculpture, it is pretty much the premiere con in the States. The 2 big attractions are the dealers room and the contest room. There are also guests, actors and usually someone from the special effects industry. Comparatively, it is a smaller con, nothing crazy like Comic-Con.

Here is Round2's table from this year:

Hopefully people will start to share more photos, when they get back to their homes and unwind a bit.

Thanks so much! Looks like an amazing and unique convention.

The closest thing we have here in California that I know of is Monsterpalooza.

It's small compared to some of the Cons we have in this area (San Diego Comic Con, Los Angeles Comic Con, WonderCon, Los Angeles Anime Expo) and it has a different focus, on classic movie monsters and sci-fi.

Monsterpalooza is perhaps unique in that it's part a Con for the General Public and part a trade show for professional film/TV makeup artists, due to its proximity to Hollywood. There are continuous live demos of makeup and prosthetics.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back