Wolverine's Red Monkey Designs watch

Toferay

Didn't think to save the info, and am kinda interested in getting a new watch right now. Anyone else recall?

Also, didn't someone make replica wristbands for it?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Toferay @ May 8 2006, 09:34 PM) [snapback]1240777[/snapback]</div>
Didn't think to save the info, and am kinda interested in getting a new watch right now. Anyone else recall?

Also, didn't someone make replica wristbands for it?
[/b]

I don't remember who the specific member was that made them but I was lucky enough to get one before he dissapeared. I think he made out with a few members' cash and it's really a shame because he did GREAT work and the bands are DEAD on.

I've been looking for one too, I have a similar leather band at the moment..
How much might one cost though? I think the originals were fairly expensive.

Damn, sorry to hear that.
Yes, Red Monkey watches cost about 250. Do they sell the design/color Wolverine had? I figured that was made for the movie.

Check with Mantis, but I believe the one Wolvie had was quite literally 'off the rack'.

Thanks Avalon. Do you happen to know which band width the movie used? The medium (2") looks about right, but I haven't seen the pics in a long while. Grey face is out of stock as an aside, so I'll toss an email to find out when they get back.

If someone feels like doing a new run of replica watch bands, I'd be interested. I remember someone finding a very similar watch.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(~Sal~ @ May 9 2006, 12:33 AM) [snapback]1240897[/snapback]</div>
How do you get to the shop option, I cant find it. :p
[/b]

http://www.redmonkeydesigns.com/home.html

SHOP is in the upper left hand corner...

Choose Custom Watches

The VINTAGE is on the second page, BTW...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Toferay @ May 9 2006, 12:12 AM) [snapback]1240875[/snapback]</div>
Thanks Avalon. Do you happen to know which band width the movie used? The medium (2") looks about right, but I haven't seen the pics in a long while. Grey face is out of stock as an aside, so I'll toss an email to find out when they get back.

If someone feels like doing a new run of replica watch bands, I'd be interested. I remember someone finding a very similar watch.
[/b]

Not sure about the band size on the Wolvie. The one I have is 1 1/2" You should ask them about when they'll have the grey face and which size band and let is all know.

I'd say save enough and buy an original Red Monkey watch. I own one and the chromed finish really makes it look unique. People always compliment me on it, but seem to lose interest when I tell them about the X-men/Wolverine connection. That's why I just go with a "thanks for noticing" and leave it there.

One thing: Don't DROP IT.. I kept dropping mine's and it knocked one of the inside details off its place. Now, that lose piece rattles around, getting cough between the arms, paralizing the watch.

I forget the members name that stole my money, but I guess it sorta worked out for me since I ended up plunking down the cash to get the real deal.

It's great and as GunthaKela mentioned, I too get compliments on the watch. Any of my "wearable" props I never reference the movie it was from.

Me too... I got boned for $ 45.00... He was doing Wolvie belts as well,.. Then Skipped on all of us,. BUT.. Not before I got 2 of the Dead on Leather Band Replicas...

I've got an extra... $ 40.00 Shipped if anyone needs it...

I have a Red Monkey Wolvie also... I've worn the Crap out of it,..
It's a tough little Bugger.. I play, coach and ref Hockey with it on..

Still In Great Shape...

Though,.. I haven't worn it since the Battery died...

If anyone is interested..

I'll part with,.. The Watch, used band & Rep Prop band for $ 150 Shipped in USA. (UPS)

Stay Hard,
Snoose

The ******* got my money too. His name was Brian, I forgot what his board name was. From what I remember he did good work, the bands looked well made. Oh well.... :rolleyes

Chris

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(snoose27 @ May 9 2006, 01:55 PM) [snapback]1241211[/snapback]</div>
Me too... I got boned for $ 45.00... He was doing Wolvie belts as well,.. Then Skipped on all of us,. BUT.. Not before I got 2 of the Dead on Leather Band Replicas...

I've got an extra... $ 40.00 Shipped if anyone needs it...

I have a Red Monkey Wolvie also... I've worn the Crap out of it,..
It's a tough little Bugger.. I play, coach and ref Hockey with it on..

Still In Great Shape...

Though,.. I haven't worn it since the Battery died...

If anyone is interested..

I'll part with,.. The Watch, used band & Rep Prop band for $ 150 Shipped in USA. (UPS)

Stay Hard,
Snoose
[/b]

Snoose: PM sent

The grey face is available for phone orders only for now, but it is still just out of stock so it will return online sooner or later I guess. I asked for the correct band width in my response.

Whats your E-Mail..

Snoose

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Toferay @ May 9 2006, 06:34 PM) [snapback]1241394[/snapback]</div>
Snoose: PM sent

The grey face is available for phone orders only for now, but it is still just out of stock so it will return online sooner or later I guess. I asked for the correct band width in my response.
[/b]

Straight from the monkey's mouth:

"If you are looking for the X-Men watch, the style is a Vintage X-Strap (1-1/2"), Distressed Chocolate Leather with Grey Face, retail price $235.00. (Without Distressed Leather, retail price is $215.00.)"

So, the narrowest band. I guess it is pretty inconspicuous in the movie. If I do spring for a new RMD watch I might go for one of their crazier models.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GuntahKela @ May 8 2006, 10:27 PM) [snapback]1240973[/snapback]</div>
One thing: Don't DROP IT.. I kept dropping mine's and it knocked one of the inside details off its place. Now, that lose piece rattles around, getting cough between the arms, paralizing the watch.
[/b]

Wow, for $250 you'd think they would build the watch better than that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SWFreak @ May 11 2006, 02:51 PM) [snapback]1242551[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GuntahKela @ May 8 2006, 10:27 PM) [snapback]1240973[/snapback]
[/b]

Wow, for $250 you'd think they would build the watch better than that.
[/b][/quote]

To be fair, I did drop it a lof of times. The glass face of that watch became very addicted to gravity.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back