Limited Run WOLVERINE's Leather Belt Buckle KIT from X-MEN Days of Future Past

Soulinertia

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After receiving some very enthusiastic praise over my handmade Wolverine belt buckle from X-Men Days of Future Past, I've decided to offer a small run of kits at a reduced price for those that want to save some money and do the work themselves, (I'm also offering completed buckles for those interested).

kit.jpg

The kit contains:

• Natural veg leather front already tooled with the floral design, pre-cut slots for the leather lace and formed into a dome shape.
• Veg leather back with stainless steel buckle hardware
• Exact amount of leather cord needed to lace around the outside edge
• 1 Glass vial of Eco-flo leather dye (enough to cover both sides. A little goes a long way!)
• Artist's sponge to apply the leather dye
• 1 Glass vial of gold metallic paint for painting in the details
• Fine tip paint brush to apply the gold paint
• Full color photographic instructions showing how to lace the leather, dye application and paint techniques, (to be emailed via pdf)

*SNIKT - sorry fellas, claws not included :D

Kit price will be $65 + shipping
Completed buckles will be $99 + shipping

For those that haven't seen, here is what the completed buckles look like:

WolvieBB1.jpg

WolvieBBcompare.jpg

You can place your orders here:
bluearrow-small.png

www.fatal5150.com

Thanks again guys! :cheers

Last edited:
This is unbelievably cool! Do you think this is something a novice (aka me) in this kind of work can do? If not I may just have to order a completed one. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lacing them up is a bit time consuming, but not very complicated and the dye application is quite easy. My instructions will guide you though the process.

Everything is ready to go, except for the full color instructions. I'm still working on putting those together, but those will be emailed anyways.

I might look into doing the belts themselves too if magnoli ends up not having time. I don't want to step on anyone's toes though.

Who cares, more competition. Might get things moving for everyone. I'm sure people say that about making iron man helmets with no guilt

70's buckle 3.pngThings I noticed then I have a question before I decide to invest. 1. I noticed in this picture of the screen buckle provided by wolfman10 that the flower in the center is a bit smaller than the ones shown in the pictures of your product and 2. the pedals on the screen buckle line up with the vines going towards the sides and on yours, they don't.

Is it possible to have the whole flower made smaller and the vines lining up with the pedals as they do on the screen belt?

-Thanks

Last edited:
I have since modified my design somewhat to bring the petals of the flower in closer. That's something I noticed as well. I can make the design more symmetrical too, but the reference photos I've been using seem to show the design off-set at an slight angle. Maybe it's just the position of the buckle itself, but the one you've shown above looks different than it does in some of the other shots. Regardless, each one is made-to-order. So if you want it to look more like the one above, I can do that!

wolvieALLlg.jpg~original

I have since modified my design somewhat to bring the petals of the flower in closer. That's something I noticed as well. I can make the design more symmetrical too, but the reference photos I've been using seem to show the design off-set at an slight angle. Maybe it's just the position of the buckle itself, but the one you've shown above looks different than it does in some of the other shots. Regardless, each one is made-to-order. So if you want it to look more like the one above, I can do that!

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p99/soulinertia/soulinertia023/wolvieALLlg.jpg~original

You are awesommmmmme! My card needs to get approved for my paypal but once it does, I'll let you know when I can send payment.

EDIT: Actually, you know what, i need to study it more. It is confusing once you look at all of these shots.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back