Limited Run Wolverine Shirt (X-Men Days of Future Past) by Magnoli Clothiers

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
These are now available for order: Logan Shirt by Magnoli Clothiers

------------------------------

Who would be interested in a run of Wolverine's shirt from DoFP?

910daf8a59e25cdd0b6e3a199ed4b5a7.jpg

The fabric would be custom printed-in house and the shirts made in standard sizes (S, M, L, XL). Price would be around $150.

The only does side is that the fabric is only printed on one side so if you roll up the sleeves, they'd be an off-white color, not a matching coloring (though this is something we're still looking into).

Let me know if you're interested and if there are enough guys on board, we'll start the run.

Kind regards,
Indy

Last edited:
I think it really needs to be double printed to be screen accurate. I would be interested if it is like this:

The film used one is printed on Liberty’s “Tana Lawn” fabric, which is very thin, and very soft, and allows the fabric printed on one side to show through enough to the inside.. That would be my choice, not a double print, but a fabric that is thin and shows the outer print all the way through to the inside as well..

Indy, if you need an idea of the Tana Lawn fabric I can show you on skype or messenger later, or send the shirt I have here over to you to duplicate in feel and thickness!!

Let me know!

I am interested but if the inside is an off-white color I would be a bit more hesitant to pay that much for it. If it is sort of still has a visible pattern I would be more likely to buy even if it was faded or not as vibrant.

On a side note I have a bunch of pictures I collected back when the film came out if you need any additional references. Even made a repeating pattern although it may need a bit more work.

I'm absolutely in...I have a similar Tana Lawn with the correct pattern, but not exact color as well as another Liberty London peacock shirt...
I'd love to have a screen accurate one though....and ditto what the guys above say about the double sided.
Also would be particular on the fit.

Last edited:
My Liberty London XL shirt fits me perfectly and most shirts that fit me at tapered/fitted. That plus duplicating the color and pattern will be the biggest challenge.

Attachments

• Dave Wolverine.jpg
    Dave Wolverine.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 506
Definitely interested. Hopefully the color will look like this! Once I see a prototype or preview I will definitely be on board to purchasing one

Attachments

• 747182BA-CD49-46FD-AD48-87392BC51814.jpeg
    747182BA-CD49-46FD-AD48-87392BC51814.jpeg
    160.3 KB · Views: 1,274
Interestingly, almost all the photos I've seen of Hugh Jackman wearing this shirt, whether in the film, behind the scenes or in interviews, the pattern looks more washed out (in color and details) than the shirt appears to be in person (from high-resolution photos of the costume on display). This may be one of those cases where people would rather have it technically inaccurate to make it appear more screen-accurate.

What do you guys think? Should I rework our pattern to be a bit more dull and washed out? Before doing anything, I'll see how our current digital pattern looks when it's physically printed. I'll post the results when that's done. In the meantime, I'd like to get your feedback on the above question.

Thanks,
Indy

Interestingly, almost all the photos I've seen of Hugh Jackman wearing this shirt, whether in the film, behind the scenes or in interviews, the pattern looks more washed out (in color and details) than the shirt appears to be in person (from high-resolution photos of the costume on display). This may be one of those cases where people would rather have it technically inaccurate to make it appear more screen-accurate.

What do you guys think? Should I rework our pattern to be a bit more dull and washed out? Before doing anything, I'll see how our current digital pattern looks when it's physically printed. I'll post the results when that's done. In the meantime, I'd like to get your feedback on the above question.

Thanks,
Indy

I’m fine with it being rather more washed out.. depending on the way you print it, and how that looks, of course! I think we would all agree, we don’t usually wear or distress the shirts by wearing them enough to get the softness into the look, so perhaps a more washed out look initially is what people want to run with more?

I was thinking, for your site, at least, maybe you could offer both colour schemes to those who wanted new prints, and those who were after the more purple washed out look? Cover both outcomes?

I trust your process, so let me know what it looks like once it’s printed out and tested, and then we can work out what way to move on eh?

Thanks for the work on this bruv.

I've played around a bit with the coloring as well as eroding some of the lines to make the entire pattern more washed out. On the left is my original finished pattern. In the middle, the colors have been washed out a bit, a little purple put into the blue and the lines eroded. The right version is shifted even more purple and a bit more washed out. Let me know what you think...

The full repeating pattern:

DBxQotml.jpg

Close up (this is 50% size of the full digital image):

YL7UBwMl.jpg

I've played around a bit with the coloring as well as eroding some of the lines to make the entire pattern more washed out. On the left is my original finished pattern. In the middle, the colors have been washed out a bit, a little purple put into the blue and the lines eroded. The right version is shifted even more purple and a bit more washed out. Let me know what you think...

The full repeating pattern:

View attachment 1277316

Close up (this is 50% size of the full digital image):

View attachment 1277317

I’m leaning to the right side.. I rather like that! I’ve asked on the Wolverine forum on Facebook too, and so far the results are 4 for muted and more screen accurate, (right side of the pic) and so far, no one for the original left side... I’ll keep posting answers here!

So far there’s 7 people thrown in on the conversation, 4 on the forum and three in PM to me on Facebook and all 7 of them have said they’d like the shirt if it was made using the more screen accurate, right side of the photo you posted.. The more faded, purple toned look..

Thanks to everyone who has reached out to me to express their views there!

As for me, as I said above this morning, I think I’d rather have the right side of the photo as well, although I think you’ve done amazing work on both alternatives there, and thanks for that as well..

Regards!

Ok, I'm going to work on making a cleaner version of the fully washed out version... it'll take a bit more time, but might as well do it right from the beginning! ;)

The delay is due to lockdowns at our various facilities. We're hoping to be back up to speed in a couple of weeks. I'll post news as soon as I have some!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back