Wolverine Jacket Owners....how many people recognize it on a day to day basis?

Nothing compares to theMechanic's Belts...

Cocky came from ClassicHardware.com, but you can even get them at cockybeltbuckle.com... search google for it and you'll get all kinds of buying options. Mine came printed upside down/backwards though, so not sure how much QC is done on these.

I handle all the weathering effects on my LogansCloset jacket offerings. Mostly I center on rubbing alcohol, certain shoe leather dyes, a bead blasting booth, plastic brillo media, and water. I don't generally use sandpaper unless a certain jacket needs that mimiced due to it being used for the on screen original, and even then it goes nowhere near any seams/stitching.
Stay away from sand paper, it's too destructive. I don't bother with acetone either since alcohol has worked fine for that aspect.

I bought a nice replica for my 21 year old son and he gets people all the time commenting on his Wolverine jacket.
I on the other hand, in all the years I've owned my Indy Westeds, have never had anyone comment on my "Indiana Jones jacket". :lol

I have a wested wolverine and I have gotten quite a few people taking notice...also with my Indy wested, no one notices...unless I'm in full costume.

Same boat here Funky

mike

Make sure (as with the rest of your gear) that if you buy a jacket that you spring for the extra money and/or time to get one that is an actual motorcycle jacket. I wore a leather jacket (not specifically designed for motorcycle riding) thinking that it was enough protection. Had to lay the motorcycle down while making a left turn (i.e. going below 30 mph) and while the leather was perfectly fine, the lining slid against my arm and gave me a really nice burn along 1/2 of my forearm right before the elbow. They packed it with gauze at the hospital which I then had to change out frequently which never came off without reopening the wound a bit. Trust me, it is NO fun removing gauze that has fused into the scabs.

It's something I never thought about. I was more worried about protecting my skin from the road and never gave a second thought as to the material sitting right against my arm. I was also wearing boots that were not supportive enough in the ankle and wound up breaking my left ankle in 3 places in that same accident. I won't get all preachy but- invest in and wear approved motorcycle gear, not just stuff that looks like it. Also if you can invest in crash bars if the bike does not come with them.

When I hear about someone making a trip to the hospital (or worse in some cases), I am never comforted by how cool they looked doing it. While there are no 100% guarantees, be as safe as you can out there.

All my Wolverine jackets come in Competition Weight leather...Vanson has customers' pictures and video using the same type of leather in their race suits, taking spills across race tracks and even gravel. Most thank Vanson for not getting even a road-rash out of the ordeal. :)
As to the linings, these are design to fit to the rider, you'll never see a Vanson lining puffing out like most other makers doing a version of these jackets.

Sorry if it seems like I'm tooting my own horn, I've just had a Wolve jacket from many a maker before getting with Vanson, and none have even come close...

Last edited:
Go with Vanson. Go with Dan. The man is a pleasure to work with, and will insure that you get what you want. Three months + may seem like a long time, but it is SO WORTH THE WAIT. I promise.

I'm definitely leaning towards Dan's but was curious...has anyone here ordered one from Magnoli? They seem nice as well...just was wondering what some of the major differences were :)

The other flavors of Wolve's jacket are pretty nice too, and I find the X3 version the most subtle, while the origins is the most noticable.

And if you want a color change, that is no problem either...:love
testmule.jpg

OK can you explain this?? :D

I'm definitely leaning towards Dan's but was curious...has anyone here ordered one from Magnoli? They seem nice as well...just was wondering what some of the major differences were :)
I do have a Vanson X-O on order and it should be here in March. I have a Magnoli X-O but would no reccomend it. It is a fine jacket but not worth 650 dollars. The construction is fine the the problem lies in the leather itself. It feels like what you could buy at a chain store. I am pretty sure it was made in India anyway at least that is where one of the shipping labels was from. I have some Magnoli clothes and they are great. I was abit dissapointed that they were not made in New Zeiland where he is from rather from somewhere in south east Asia. Like I said I haven't seen a Vanson yet but at least they are made in the USA. Tony Nowak also makes an X-1 that is fantastic.

thanks - great place - so as a novice to wolverine - what threads are good to read in looking to put together a cost effective costume? Including good ref shots... I dont even know what shoes he wears? or what style belt goes with the buckle....

flannel - claws - dog tags etc....

thanks in advance

For me its wested every time quick shipping and after getting my Indy jacket i was deff swayed the leather is beautifully textured the zips on the arm are good wested dont do themselves any favours with there picture being zipped up though

As for motorcycle use id say it is probably the lightest of my leathers so practicality probably not the best especially since the lining is similar to a dress jacket as for comments on it again im a 50/50 guy no1 looks at me twice on the streets i do wear every day for big periods of time and i love it

Magnoli do a great buckle but mine gets quite loose and snaps away from the belt so be sure its what you want before you buy one and i think the weathering on the magnoli is all wrong for the origins jacket but have to admit there x2 jacket is amazing and wish i had the money for it

hope that helps all the best =)

I get about the same compliments and looks as you guys. However I have had the occasional fans that noticed and stopped me to asked where I got it. I even had a client at my shop who is a lurker over at fj.com who came in last week and he noticed my X2 jacket right away. He knew knew of all the photos I had posted over there and we discussed my jacket his House M.D. Vanson jacket and we nerded out for about 20 minutes. It was a nice surprise to have my X2 get noticed by a forum member.

Had mine on when I was out and about last night. Had my kid with me just in case some one noticed how much of a dork I am, with the kid there, at least it gives me some sort of proof that I am not that much of a dork :)

had 1 BIG lady at Sports Authority say she liked it. Had several looks. And my son told me the kid at the pizza place was looking at it with a confused look on him. Kinda like he knew what it was but not sure if it was what he thought it was.

Gota break it in some what, still kinda stiff. I like my leather jackets to be kinda loose feeling. And the fresh smell is way to strong still. Had a bit of a head ache going last night.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back