Wolverine dog tag

Discussion in 'Marvel Costumes and Props' started by Knightsaber, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Knightsaber

Knightsaber Well-Known Member

I know these are around. Been meaning to pick one up since the first film, but just never got around to it. So can anybody point me in the direction of the best supplier? I've seen the "official" tag, but I'd rather have something a little more authentic. And there's a seller on a few auction sites, but I'm not too sure about his pricing. Anybody know another source? Thanks,
    - John

2. Sumatra

Sumatra Sr Member

3. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Here's my tag made from the jrotc canadian dog tags and some good old fashioned weathering.

[​IMG]

And a pic of my hand painted Pyro lighter. Hey, I never said I was an artist :lol

Thanks to WC for hosting

-Fred

4. Knightsaber

Thanks guys. Yeah, I found the jrotc version. I'm a bit confused on how to order the wolverine tag from them. It pulls up the "line 1, line 2..." text boxes when you place your order, but will they know what to do if I simply put "wolverine" and the number in there? Gigatron, what did you do?

And Sumatra, could you give me a little bit of info about the RWP version. Any specific reason you prefer it?
    Thanks,
    - John

5. Sumatra

Sumatra Sr Member

The RWP version is much more solid feeling. The JROTC version is made of aluminum and feels really light weight. The RWP version is much thicker and just feels nicer.

As for ordering the JROTC version, what you should do is put "458 25 243" on one line and "WOLVERINE" on the other line. Then in the Special Instructions section, make sure to tell them to print the bottom tag upside down. Otherwise the tag you want will be printed right side up which would look wrong.

6. Gigatron

Gigatron Sr Member

Just follow Sumatra's ordering instructions. Just tell them to print the second tag upside down.

As for it feeling lightweight, I don't know. It's the official dogtag of the Canadian armed forces, so it's what was most likely used in the movie.

-Fred

7. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Just ordered mine. :D

8. Notorious

Notorious New Member

thanks, will order soon...

9. bladefans

bladefans Well-Known Member

I just ordered mine. This is such a great prop because it is recognizable and cheap. Awesome.

10. IronFist

IronFist Well-Known Member

Just broke down and ordered a set for myself.

I also made a set for Sabretooth and Deadpool since, in the comics, they were both members of the Weapon X program at one time and I just thought it would be fun to have.

11. Prop-Maker

Prop-Maker Well-Known Member

Is that why Sabretooth seemed so interested in Wolverine's dogtags in the first movie?

12. IronFist

IronFist Well-Known Member

They might've been trying to hint at the relationship or set something up for later (maybe in that Wolverine prequel that rumored to be in the works). Either way, I think it'll be neat to have a few other Weapon X agents tags to display with Wolverine's.

Of course, if they ever do show Sabretooth in the Weapon X program and show his tags, I'll have to get another set with the accurate numbers. But I'm betting that's not going to happen.

13. bladefans

bladefans Well-Known Member

Do you think there are any numbers associated with the x-rays in the movies?

14. SirJediKnightTim

SirJediKnightTim Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Sumatra @ Mar 14 2006, 08:51 PM) [snapback]1205902[/snapback]</div>
    Did wolverine wear 2 tags on one chain?

15. Knightsaber

<div class='quotetop'>(SirJediKnightTim @ May 19 2006, 08:47 PM) [snapback]1247211[/snapback]</div>
    [/b][/quote]

No, just the one half with the slot in the center.

16. SirJediKnightTim

SirJediKnightTim Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(Knightsaber @ May 19 2006, 09:01 PM) [snapback]1247222[/snapback]</div>
    [/b][/quote]

No, just the one half with the slot in the center.
    [/b][/quote]

Cool, thanks.

17. classicbullwhips

classicbullwhips New Member

has anyone considered doing a run on these and selling them to the masses.

18. Victorious-Jay

Victorious-Jay Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>(bladefans @ Mar 25 2006, 07:46 AM) [snapback]1212967[/snapback]</div>

I though Mantis had been in contact with the company that did the x-rays but nobody bought because they were expensive. Around 300 for a set if I recall. That was a while ago so who knows if they are still availiable. I'd be interested to know myself.

-Jason M

19. LogansRunner

LogansRunner Well-Known Member

Go to yahoo, then go to the X-Men film credits, the company that did the x-rays is listed right on it, I think at the bottom.

20. Cree

Cree Active Member

Hi all....Since the new Wolverine movie pictures a popping up, I thought to myself that it now finally was about time I got myself a pair of cool aged "Hero" Wolvie Dog Tags....and tried: http://home.cogeco.ca/~reelworldprops/

They look really great, but this dude does NOT accept paypal from international buyers. What can I do? You guys know anybody who can help me out?
    Thanks
    -Lars

21. zuul

zuul New Member

22. Wolfdagon

Wolfdagon Well-Known Member

So even though they say that Canadian dog tags were made popular in the states by the X-men movies and Wolverine they won't make one for you with the text for Wolverine? They should state this on their website.

23. closetrat

closetrat New Member

Agreed - that's pretty shifty...

24. Moviefreak

Moviefreak Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I believe they have done it in the past, and my guess is that they got contacted at some point with a C&D letter from a studio. So they won't risk their business to make a few tags and a few bucks.

25. Wolfdagon

Wolfdagon Well-Known Member

That's fine, but they shouldn't even mention Wolverine on their website then.

26. superDrool

superDrool Sr Member

He's been contacted by the one guy on eBay that apparenty has the only authority to replicate the X1/X2 dogtags to cease and desist. I ran into the same situation a year ago. Ordered and had then he emailed me stating such. So the transaction had to be refunded. I think it's bogus, but he'd have to contact Marvel himself to find out.
    It's not unlike Marvel's lawdogs to do such a thing, but he has yet to provide any proof otherwise. I went through his eBay store, which coincedently has the same sell listed when you search for the tags. He boasts said claim in the auction. I believe it's the Reel World Prop fella, too, seller name is "truenorthtrader" and has them listed for the same price and images as on the RWP site.
    I contacted him to verify if he's one and the same.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  27. sofianeomari

sofianeomari New Member

Hey, everybody ! What do you think about this Dog Tag ?

[​IMG]