Wolverine claws

Wellss01

I just finished making a set of "con safe" aluminium wolverine claws.
Started with a length of 100x3mm aluminium around 900mm long. Drew out my pattern and cut them all on the bandsaw.
After they were all cut, there was a lot of filing and wet sanding before polishing to a mirror Finish.

The dog tags were just some 1.6mm aluminium I had around. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411725090.251944.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411725101.092828.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411725112.299435.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411725018.017337.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411725028.619047.jpg

Out of curiosity, how can aluminum claws be "con safe"? I know all the cons I've been too wouldn't allow them as they'd be seen as weapons whether you had sharp edges to them or not.

Out of curiosity, how can aluminum claws be "con safe"? I know all the cons I've been too wouldn't allow them as they'd be seen as weapons whether you had sharp edges to them or not.

Yeah.... not sure those would be considered "con safe"... but they look great!

They probably aren't "con-safe" but I rounded all the edges before polishing. They got past the Oz comicon staff, so they worked for the job.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back