Wizard of Oz?

Thanks for the tips on how the original shoes were done. How were the bows added? I'm watching the movie now and want a pair for myself. I'll have to start looking for shoes that are a close match. What make/style did you guys use?

i asked that a week ago and still no answers.....

I've always wanted a replica of the Tin Man's heart watch. I know I can make one, but I haven't been able to identify the chain. From the few searches I've done, it seems to have been a "daisy chain" , literly a chain made up of daisies. I can't seem to get good enough screen caps to see if their actual daisies slipped into the watch chain, or jewled daisies.

nice replicas! what is the best pair of shoes to use to make your own? ive been wanting to make a pair for a looooong time!
Thank you! The best place to look would be either Etsy or eBay. The shoe shape is just your personal preference really. It's an extremely hard shape shoe to find. The curve and width of the heel, and the front of the shoe are what to look for when trying to find a pair that look similar to the originals. You'll definitely have to find a vintage pair. :) Hope this helps

Hi there! Sorry for such a late response to your question!
Look for vintage 1920's/1930's shoes on Etsy or Ebay. The shape is nearly impossible to find. Nothing will be an exact match, but many can come pretty close if you look hard enough. The bows were made of a thin strap leather. It is reported that it was 1/8 of an inch thick, but looking at pictures of the original bows, that is definitely wrong. lol.. it's thinner than that.
You'll need to paint the bows red, add the "#2" size bugle beads, "rose montees".. those are the rhinestones in settings (15ss), and last but not least the rectangle emerald cut stones (12x8mm).
Hope this helps! :)
Thanks for the tips on how the original shoes were done. How were the bows added? I'm watching the movie now and want a pair for myself. I'll have to start looking for shoes that are a close match. What make/style did you guys use?

Here's a close up picture of my bows :)
The 2nd picture is a blueprint of the bow that my friend made.. definitely helps when making the bows!

d3po2u..
LOVE your shoes!! Would you mind if I used your pics on my Facebook group? It's called "Replica Ruby Slipper Makers".. would love to show your pics to everyone on there! They'd love em! :)

Ruby Slippers, I've talked to you on Deviant Art ;)!

I'm in the process of trying to get my Dorothy and my bf's Scarecrow as accurate as I can. People have told us how creepily similar we are to our counterparts, when in costume. I AM looking for someone to help me get a more accurate pair of Ruby Slippers. Idealy, I'd love to find a decent base, and sequin them myself. Any leads would be very helpful! I'm looking for a decent French heel, in atleast a size 9.

Here's a few pics of our photoshoot at a local dairy farm:

i_can__t_even_scare_a_crow_by_celticruins-d31u45q.jpg

of_to_see_the_wizard_by_celticruins-d31u5n6.jpg

boo__scat_by_celticruins-d31u49q.jpg

you_did_say_something_by_celticruins-d31u415.jpg

fields_of_oz_by_celticruins-d31u5we.jpg

More here: celticruins's deviantART gallery

We've also been able to meet one of the last living munchkins, Karl Slover! He was one of the trumpeters and a "Sleepy Egg" munchkin.
37697_557433098135_69400318_32262035_778363_n.jpg

Here's us with Karl Slover as well! We showed Oz for the Anniversary of The Plaza Theatre that opened the same year Oz, Gone with the Wind, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and Stagecoach came out - 1939. Robert Osbourne was there too.

22448_266951259817_538654817_3466267_6607252_n.jpg

Laffo.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back