Witch King of Angmar

elric2112

I thought I would share my progress on a Witch King armor build Im working on. Im making this out of 22ga steel. Check it out and as always, suggestions and advice are always welcome. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, Im happy to be of service. Thank you

216532_1991925843821_1413636623_2327021_7330473_n.jpg

ELBOW991.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture053.jpg

LEG3.jpg

LEG2.jpg

LEG1.jpg

SABATONS1.jpg

SABATONS3.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Very awesome! :thumbsup

I know a lot of people that work steel. Heck, I've worked quite a bit in Chainmaille, but you guys that build Plate simply amaze me!

Great build so far!!!

Wow that's looks great so far! It'll prob weigh quite a bit. Will you be wearing it or just have it as a display?

Wow that's looks great so far! It'll prob weigh quite a bit. Will you be wearing it or just have it as a display?

Thank you for the kind words. My intent is to complete this armor as part of a complete costume project. I attend many conventions and events through out the year where I could wear this. Im hoping to debut this at the upcoming san diego comic con.

Cheers!

Very impressive. Actually using a forge to work these pieces or just a torch/anvil? Have always wanted to get into working with steel myself.

Thank you for the kind words. My intent is to complete this armor as part of a complete costume project. I attend many conventions and events through out the year where I could wear this. Im hoping to debut this at the upcoming san diego comic con.

Cheers!

I should be attending comic con as well I hope to see you and your costume there! :thumbsup

Very impressive. Actually using a forge to work these pieces or just a torch/anvil? Have always wanted to get into working with steel myself.

Im actually cutting everything with a jigsaw or a dremel then shaping the flutes using a hammer and chisel. The flute work has a great side effect in that it naturally bends the metal for you as you work the flutes into the steel. The important thing to keep in mind is to draw the flutes into the steel to help guide the warping effect into creating the shape you are intending because once the flutes are in, they strengthen the plate greatly thus making it much harder to bend and shape afterwards.
I really dont have any fancy tools or even an anvil. I have a vice that has some good angles on it that I use and to help get the curved parts I use either a bowling ball or a pipe stub or whatever I have laying around in the garage honsetly. An anvil and all of the shaping tools necessary to create a REAL suit of armor would have cost at least $2000. My tools are pretty ghetto quality but they only have to last long enough to make this one suit. Since the steel is 22ga, I dont really need to heat the steel to work it since I can easily pound the shapes by hand with a hammer.

I hope that answered your questions

Holy ****e you work fast. Those gauntlets look great it all looks great.

I can only take 50% of the credit for the gaunts. I bought them from an armorer but then decided to take them completely apart and remade most of the fingers and the knuckles...so its kind of like my ******* child!

looks awesome so far, in a fit of boredom and insomnia i made a ringwraith gauntlet out of cardboard, duct tape and split pins....came out quite well considering....

here's a crappy morning after ipad pic...lol

ringwraith.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back