WIP: ROTJ Anakin Skywalker-almost complete.

You are correct that is def a dud pull and you should be ashamed to show it. My best suggestion is to box it up and send it to me for disposal. seriously though, loving it and if you want to let the dud go PLMK $$$

Haha...thanks...as for a copy the cure inhibition caused this pull to lose a ton of surface detail and its ripped at the neck because I wore it like a mask as a joke...but I'd be happy to make you a perfect one once I get the mold issues fixed. :cool :thumbsup

Thanks Gents! :cool Here is a near perfect pull, still working on the paint tones...also trying to decide how heavy to go with the color....still a ways to go.

DSC04667JPGa.jpg

Awesome work, but I'm partial to the subject matter so I could be biased...! :lol It's nice to see someone tackling this and I'm quite looking forward to seeing the finished display.:thumbsup

Thanks Gents! :cool Here is a near perfect pull, still working on the paint tones...also trying to decide how heavy to go with the color....still a ways to go.

DSC04667JPGa.jpg

Thank you. :D

For the display I really havent touched the mask itself (hence the crappy stand in bits) but it will mirror whats out there now in basic pose but with a twist...so stay tuned. :cool

I couldnt resist playing dress up with him...lol. The color tones in my opinion are coming along nicely and I decided to paint the eyes in on this one...next stop, somewhere that sells airbrushes. :p

DSC04750JPGa.jpg

DSC04730JPGa.jpg

DSC04751JPGa.jpg

DSC04711JPGa.jpg

Awesome work, man. Nothing like the "Uncle Fester" Anakin/Vader to bring back memories. I'm still "in-process" on the Emperor bust I got from you in 2011...! And I still get chuckles remembering the hair treatment that you were giving Palpatine! :lol

Holy crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I truly do not know how I have missed this one.

Okay gonna need one of these for sure.

Please for the love of all that is good and holy, or in this case dark and evil, include the eyebrows.

In 1983 I had to explain this to my mother while I was 13 and she was 38. When the mask comes off you are expecting to see a mean looking guy. Someone hard, and cruel looking. That's why it was perfect. I'm sure David Prowse could have been made up to look the part, and we can skip the old discussion about why he was not shown, but the point is what makes this one of the best scenes ever and why Jedi is my favorite is instead you see this sad old man. Not the mean, fierce, killer you are expecting.

It's a perfct scene. Of course Lucas has to not only make crap after this he has to go back and ruin it by erasing his eybrows, changing the back story, etc.

Okay,...sorry.

You have captured this incredible scene. Amazing work.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One last thing. This reminds me of when I used to wonder how he sustained these injuries? What epic battle must have taken place between him and Obi Wan.

Though they ended up on opposite sides and facing each other over some huge disagreement, anger, betrayel, etc. Obi Wan, who once thought as Luke did, that Anakin could be brought back (and since people don't actually spontaneously turn evil) do battle and it is this horrifying defeat and terrible injuries that turn him to the dark side.

They fight as Anakin and Obi Wan but he rises afterward as Darth Vader.

Now that is what I was expecting.

I really wanted Obi Wan to truly beat him also. Truly defeat him. Not just get lucky or have Anakin do something incredibly stupid.

Oh well.

Last edited:
very nice work, vadermonkey.... I'm thinking of costuming as this and your pics are a great reference for me... Keep up the good work... The eyes are amazing!

Thanks guys...the mask is still in very rough shape with alot left to do, the majority of the work left are the tusk tubes. Being a TM base I actually had to remove much of the detail. AND...I want you to know that my bust will have eyebrows! :cool

The goal with this whole project personally aside from the obvious try for accuracy was to create a display mask that could fit onto the bust which is something the Illusive and Sideshow cannot do. I hate showing progress shots so be forgiving please...

DSC04801.jpg

DSC04832.jpg

Working on the greebs..
DSC04794.jpg

I have been PM'ed about this and may start an interest thread at some point when I'm farther along. I have been very busy and haven't replied to everyone but when I asked TM about using the mask originally, I wanted to only offer this project in kit form if it could be done very inexpensively so we'll see what can happen after I mold it for those who have asked.

Holy good God. This is amazing and I am going to need 1 to 3 :love :cry :thumbsup

Can you provide a good lighted pic from the front? Both a straight on pic and then a good one of the top section of the upper half of the mask where the forehead meets the top saucer?

This seems to be where a lot of Vader Reveal go off the tracks.

When I built mine one of the experts of the time insisted it was a saucer, that can be ordered from plastructs, and then they added a inch or so band on to it, cut out the top area and attached it. So that is what I did and it came out pretty good. The real helmets top edge is not as square as a lot of them and the very top is curved and not flat.

Yours looks real good. My only question is the transition area where the top section meets the forehead. It looks like it is maybe to "sloped" where the actual mask was more sharp where the edges meet. I'm not sure if that makes any sense. Where the bottom of the "cap" meets the forehead.

I'm gonna post pics of the real thing and mine to explain.

I can't really tell on yours without better pics.
let me work on that.

Again, holy good God this is gonna be sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back