WIP Iron Man Mark 46 (Civil War suit) Model

Very nice! I will not purchase this, but wanted to see if anyone will add any special mechanics unique to the Mark 46, such as the "Leg-Cuff Launcher" he used on Cap, wrist lasers, missiles, or even a fully/semi collapsible helmet?

b5157ea4c778f2194e4d27cae1bb19dc.jpg

Thank you very much to Jung for this amazing file :)) the accuracy and ease of use is incredible!

~
G

Hi Guys, just finished my first EVA-foam adventure: Stormtrooper armor (foam-trooper?) and I want my next project to be Iron Man Mk 46, so after seeing this amazing thread I have a few questions, sorry if they seem a bit on the noob side of life:

1. Is it all 8 mm and 10 mm EVA?
2. How do the files work? you print them and then use them as pattern over the foam?
3. The lines between each color are achieved through different pieces of foam or because they are just drawn/carved over the foam?
4. Do you use straps or a harness to support the suit to the body? (like thighs and biceps)
5. How do you get that glossy look with the paint with EVA foam? is there a technique?
6. How do you cut the foam so perfectly? do you use a machine?

Thanks!!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back