WIP: HALO 4 Librarian Helmet Sculpt

ParadoxJane

Hey Guys and gals,

I wanted to post my latest work. For several months off/on I have been working on a Helmet Sculpt for the Librarian from Halo 4. I was luckily sent some better reference photos from a friend at 343i. This was actually the first time I've sculpted anything on a head. I've done some minor sculpting (Wonder Woman Armor pieces and parts here and there). It still needs some refining and smoothing. I also need to insert Spikes which will be on the top. Because of putting cold clay on cold clay will not give me a good bond for the casting process, I pre-made the spikes and will use a slurry of hot clay with toothpicks to make sure they are stable.

Note: Because of head size relative to my head size and some lack of details that I could not get for the top, I had to add my own design elements where I had no reference to go by. Believe me there is limited good shots except for the 3 photos sent to me by the Designer form 343i.

Original:
Librarian_04 (2) head.jpg

The pic I have of the back is too large to upload without doing serious resizing but I can tack it on to the post later.

My Front Sculpt: needs smoothing and some clean up on some edges.

sculptlibrarian.jpg

Back of Sculpt.

backsculpt.jpg

I will hopefully have the entire costume including the Face Prosthetic done for Dragoncon. My BF is making a Didact.

I will likely do two casting of this. First in a Smoothcast 65-D, Sand it til it's smooth and then Vytaflex 40 so I can get to fit my head properly. I've allowed some space but the CFX Head is about 1 inch narrower than my own head.

Jane

looks great! your sculpt is so sharp and clean, makes me realize how far i have to go to catch up to the folks on these boards.

Yeah it's getting there. I need to clean up some symmetry here and there and then I should be ready to mold I'm on a tight schedule so Perfect is not going happen.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back