WIP ESB DARTH VADER costume

Darth 123

Hi,

just want to share some pics of my ESB Vader build- I started nearly 4-5 years ago wth the costume but never finished it- Recently I´ve ordered some soft parts, the armor and gloves.

Let me know what you think!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Sorry for the low quality pics.

Thanks to Darth Niob for great infos, Dioxide for help with the electronics and Artisan Props for Chest box and cod!

I can't figure out why there appears to be no 'love' for Darth Vader costumes at the moment :confused
But throw up a thread about another Iron Man costume, and you'll be swamped with replies! :rolleyes

Lookin' good so far, but let's see a pic of the components all together on your mannequin... even if you are still waiting on a few parts.
Who made the belt and helmet, by the way?

I too am nearing the end of a Vader ESB costume, 6-7 years in the making!
This thread is spurring me on to finish it... just need an ESB chestbox and shinguards and I'm done! Soon..... soon :love

Cheers,
John
john@manicminer.plus.com

This is wonderful!
You'll get Vader love here.
The ultimate villian.
Suit looks great though.
I'd also like to see the parts all together, if you could.

Great start Joshy. Cant wait to see the mannequin in full costume and how you are pleased with your ordered softparts.

@John Definetly time to start a WIP thread of your own ESB Vader:)

Nice pics. I'm trying to finish upgrading mine so that I can move on to Fett. Who did your chestbox if you don't mind me asking?

Just made a mechanism for the head - Unfortunately I had to cut it off a while ago for another costume.
I´m still waiting for the leather suit, the capes, the chest armor and the gloves.

The helmet is a JB V2 ESB (nice helmet but very poor guy to deal with!)
I´ve replaced the old mesh in the mouth area as the old one was a bit to small for my needs.

My chest box was made by Artisan props- It has got a custom circuit board made by a friend of me.

Thanks for the nice comments!

Man, you are well on your way. The leather is what worries me. Always hard to get right by the looks of some of the other offerings. List your other components, please.

ok here you go:

belt: boxes now custom made, buckle by Vince- cape hook , leather strap and electronics made by myself.

shins: Sitharmor
boots: WWII German officer boots
suit: three Piece , made by CP, same for cape and robe (wool edition)

chest armor : GH from vadermonkey
cod: AP
gloves: Fenixprops new version

Last edited:
Ok since the other parts still haven´t arrived yet, I used the chance to upgrade my belt boxes.
I´ve got some new real aluminum project boxes which I had to drill, cut, etc... to fit on my belt. I´ve also installed a new red LED-light.

Here are some progress photos:

I am also in need of my robes and leather suit. Little scared ordering from custom props since it seems there is no way to know when you might actually get your stuff. I need this before oct 22nd. Anyone know of a good suit manufacturer here in the US? Need the leather suit, inner and outer robes.

Looking for a good custom fit.

Nice Vader!!!! just curious, how are you gonna snap on the shoulder bells? i use a couple of hinges but i'm not very convinced.

Regards!!!!!!!!!!!

very impressed with the costume. Already looks amazing. You should put it on reelcollectors when you are finished. I know a lot of guys who would love to see the finished product on the site

Nice Vader!!!! just curious, how are you gonna snap on the shoulder bells? i use a couple of hinges but i'm not very convinced.

Regards!!!!!!!!!!!

That´s the same question I was gona ask???
I think I´ll sove the problem with leather straps and some screws, but I´m not 100 % sure about that- will let you know once I figured that out.

Just got the three piece suit today here are some updated pics:

Thanks very much for the kind words!
Cheers!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back