WIP Custom Rebel Blaster

Okay, I'll chime in. I like your idea to build on the family of blasters. I also like the idea of a more pistol size blaster for the Rebels. All good intentions.

I think where you have it now is moving in the right direction. Honestly the critiques I would give you seem to be covered in your proposed next steps.
A bit more detail (greebles) would help move it away from the toy look. Of course paint would help. The orange trigger looks plasticky.

I like where you're going, you're just sharing it at one of those awkward work in progress phases where things still look a bit off. Do all the things you said you want to do and it'll improve greatly.

Valor

I think it needs a lower front magazine for sure but other than that it looks pretty cool. A paint job to get rid of the Hasbro grip look would be better.

Thanks for the encouraging comments.

I'm thinking about some sort of sighting mechanism, but an actual scope might be a little too much. Also an ammo magazine plus an ejection port are two detail options I've considered, but they'd be on the sides. And finally, I have every intention of painting the grip, and the orange trigger, black. I have a tendency to handle items too much while building them, so I'm leaving the last of the paint until it's just about ready to display, and I won't end up ruining the paint job.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back