Wip Car Mural

Montayva13

So my ex keeps his old rust bucket of a pick up in my garage coz he doesn't have the room to keep it in his own garage. Long story short, I've decided it needs a paint job. He doesn't know... So if I stop posting progress shots it means he's shown up and seen it and disapproved

.View attachment 41166
View attachment 41167
View attachment 41168

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Well, we can't all be good at everything!

Also, I sent my ex a pic. He's stoked... So the updates will continue :)

Also, he wants a bug on the opposite door now.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Not the truck, but another Preddy related project I started working on. I'm not so good on surfaces that aren't flat! But it's been good practice. Unfortunately this helmet has been in an accident, so it can't be worn. So it was just a little project to try out some different techniques

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, thanks. You know what's really funny though? I've been asking around all my friends and relatives for anyone willing to let me practice on there car for free (keep in mind, I only new to automotive stuff) and so far no one wants to take me up on the offer :(

*sigh* so i may not even get to finish this little project on the truck.... looks like its about to be removed from my garage and being sold.

That's kind of what I thought as well.  Poor form if so.  You could always practice on scrap metal or purchase an old hood to repaint over and over.  Hopefully you'll get it sorted out so we can see more from you.

this shows not only great talent, but great integrity as well--  your ex should  be very grateful as it probably is your artwork tha tcaused the sale of the vehicle. Im sure if you came over here you would have lots of work.
Good one!! Looking for more from you--

To be fair, the purchaser of the vehicle doesn't know it's been painted. And only wants it for parts. My ex was gonna see about removing the hood to mount on the shed wall for me to practice on. So I hope that can happen. Also, think I need to go raid my fathers junk yard. I'm sure he would have plenty of items I could practice on :)

But fear not.... Definetly not being swayed from the art that easily

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back