Narin's Aboriginal - finished (former WIP)

M77

Working on Narin's Aboriginal, this kit is great quality and a lot of fun to paint. I'll try to upload some more pics as I go along. Might take a while before I'm done though.
20160427_162557.jpg

20160427_163435.jpg

A little update after about a month's work. The basic skintone is now finished. If you've ever wondered what a predator / my little pony crossbreed would look like, take a look at the first pic :confused:
The paint scheme started out a bit weird, but it has resulted in a very pale skin tone (the Albinoriginal?) with some very subtle blue/green and pink/purple undertones shining through (a bit hard to see the details in the photos). His tan will be improved when I'll add a brown oil glaze later on in the process, bringing out the great skin detail that Narin sculpted and balancing out the shading. Just need to seal up the paint job so far and then I can start applying the skin patterns. I've gotten inspiration from a species of poison dart frog, I'll be back in a while to show how that turns out. :D

20160516_110717.jpg

20160516_145438.jpg

20160518_231035.jpg

20160522_224437.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man! The upcoming stage is the most nerve wrecking, don't want to mess up all the work I already put in, but also the most fun to do if the result is as intended.

It came to me in a dream... :lol:
I've been studying photo's of other people's paint ups, especially Joe Dunaway's (http://www.modelzone.com). You can see all kinds of blues, greens, pinks etc. underneath the skin, which gives a great sense of depth and translucency. This is my attempt to do something similar. I've tried adding coloured accents before in previous model kits, but then added these later on, on top of the skin, which always looked horrible; much too prominent.

Haven't finished the patterns yet, just the torso and arms, but wanted to share my bold colour choice... :) Inspired by the incredible Hell breed paint up Justin recently shared, I've decided to go for a less traditional colour scheme. The skin colours will be dulled down a bit with an orange brown glaze later on, so this isn't the final look.

20160606_145317.jpg

20160606_145520.jpg

;) me and my shenanigans. That's what I do at cons. I want to see more progress on this Pred! I get insanely bored looking at vast threads (I think I have almost seen/read them all. I only hope more interesting threads are created so I can go 'WOW'

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back