Why Does Doc Change His Clothes in 2015?

Mike J.

Master Member
When, in the beginning of Part II, Doc picks up Marty in 1985, Doc's wearing yellow pants and a yellow trench coat with a red shirt. Later in 2015, when Doc finds Marty's Sports Almanac, he's wearing brown pants and the Hawaiian shirt.

... Why did he change clothes? :confused

-MJ

maybe he figured that those clothes he first wore was a "future" style and changed back to a more 2015 style. When he picks up's Marty and Jennifer, I figured that he came back from somewhere after 2015, having checked out the events that destroys Marty's family. ( his daughter trying to spring his son out of jail and such.."

So he wouldn't have to wear yellow for the whole movie. And yeah, his outfit did seem more futuristic than anyone else in 2015.

Because for continuity purposes, he had to wear the same thing from the end of the first movie for the start of the second movie. And then when making the second movie they realized how dumb it looked and had him change shortly after.

Because for continuity purposes:rolleyes, he had to wear the same thing from the end of the first movie for the start of the second movie. And then when making the second movie they realized how dumb it looked and had him change shortly after.

Yet the changed the cute Jennifer to the ugly (and little more fatter) Jennifer..

Apparently he changed clothes when he went to pick up Einstien. I still don't know why exactly he went to pick up Einstien. Maybe he was gone for more than a day.

I figured he changed into 1985 clothes cuz he wanted to go back home right after Marty told Griff no but as he said "all hell broke loose"

Yet the changed the cute Jennifer to the ugly (and little more fatter) Jennifer..

My friend is her new brother-in-law. He got to sit next to her at his sister's wedding reception (his sister married Elisabeth's brother, Andrew).
His words to me? "[Elisabeth Shue] is still hot!" :lol

Okay total thread derailment... but... ;)

There is no denying that Elisabeth Shue grew into one sexy woman in her later years---

However in BTTF II she ws definitely NOT that sexy woman yet.

So yes- Jennifer v1.0 > Jennifer 2.0.

Kevin

Speaking of Jeniffer, watching these films as a kid I was always confused by cop's line "be careful in the future".

My reaction was "why would they refer to their present as THE FUTURE?!"

Yes. I was preeetty dumb as a child.

Hey, yeah, why would Doc need to board Einey at all? Just go back to the minute he left him wherever, pick him up.

Hey, yeah, why would Doc need to board Einey at all? Just go back to the minute he left him wherever, pick him up.

Yeah. For a guy who uses his dog as the first test pilot for a time machine he sure seems to be treating Einstein well all. Guilt, perhaps?

How many seats does the DeLorean have? 2? If so, how does Marty, Jenifer, Einstein, a large black NIKE tube bag and a hover board all fit in the passenger seat on their way back to 1985?

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back