Who will be doing a Thor movie version hammer?

Youngpaddy,

So that is the correct text on the hammer? Do you mind if i use this image to recreate the cap text in 3d and engrave it? This would work great for the kit i'm going to be putting together

Bimmers kit is going to be awesome! Anyone who is waiting for the Disguise Inc prop should probobly want to wait for the resing kit.

Thanks Frosty! Just waiting on my Hammer now to get really precise measurements and get a good look at the angles. I got the tracking number for it today and its on its way! I'm excited

Thanks Frosty! Just waiting on my Hammer now to get really precise measurements and get a good look at the angles. I got the tracking number for it today and its on its way! I'm excited

Count yourself lucky you were able to get one. These things sold out lightning fast all over the internet! It's a testement to how close the costume accesory looks to the movie prop.

I'd definitely be interested in a top cap and handle upgrade kit. Haven't got the hammer yet, gonna run by Party City (as previously suggested) and hope like hell they have them in stock.

I found this image here

mjolnirtoptranslated.png

and a little conversation about the inscription and that it has inaccurate rune usage by marvel and such

I was able to find an Elder Furthark Rune font and download it, but i can't figure out what letter the first "i" in lightning is. The letter it looks closest to is the W if you compare it to the W from "WIELDS"

Here is an alphabet

runes.gif

Its a bit of a puzzler, and would have been nice if they actually had done a correct transcription in Runes..
ANY thoughts?

This is currently what i have

inscription.jpg

edit - i know my current text is wrong and missing a few letters. i'm working on it right now. Working with what might as well be gibberish makes it hard to spot the wrong letters all the time. haha

Also the "t" in storm. No idea..

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm lind of wondering the same thing. I suppose it all really depends on how thin/durable the walls of the hammer head are. If not done properly I imagine it will distort the shape of the hammer. :unsure

so do ya think foam board would be stiff enough cos i wanna start my movie version this weekend :)

2011-05-17231851.jpg
[/IMG]

My LITERALLY 10 minute cardboard build for my 5 yr old nephew. Pizza box and tube from table cloth roll haha

a dvd case under the head part for sizing

Bed time update on the cap stone

For some reason my 3d program won't let me make my fonts bold, so the inscription is still a little thinner than i want, but its a good start.

untitled26.jpg

Here's a blog post with some papercraft templates for a movie Mjolnir. Good reference for the intricate designs on the hammer sides. Not sure if the cap runes are accurate though.

Anyone has any reference pics of the movie hammer in good lighting? Just to get ideas on how to repaint and weather the hammer.

Although I have no time to work on it, I've started planning mine! Did anyone find a good picture of the pattern on the beveled end pieces? Do the commercial replicas match the movie version?

Has anyone picked up the Art of Thor book? I'd be curious to see if there were any detail pics in there.

i was really hoping my Hammer would get here today, considering it shipped on monday. I'm not a fan of Fed Ex anymore. UPS consistently gets packages from the Netherlands to me in 3 days shipping time. It was within 2 hours of my house this morning, but was then sent into another state 4 hours away from where i live and i won't get it till tuesday. NOT even monday.. but tuesday. ugggh

Enough ranting i suppose. Has anyone else's hammers arrived yet?

i was really hoping my Hammer would get here today, considering it shipped on monday. I'm not a fan of Fed Ex anymore. UPS consistently gets packages from the Netherlands to me in 3 days shipping time. It was within 2 hours of my house this morning, but was then sent into another state 4 hours away from where i live and i won't get it till tuesday. NOT even monday.. but tuesday. ugggh

Enough ranting i suppose. Has anyone else's hammers arrived yet?

My story is the exact carbon copy as yours. :lol

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back