Who will be doing a Thor movie version hammer?

Thanks, Qui-Gonzalez. We passed on Thor's helmet, believing it would be a pain in the arse to ship

Hey Derek, glad to see you joined. I have a question for you regarding the Captain America movie shield you sell:

Is it a decent (thick) shield? i.e. is it flimsy and easily breakable like the comic-style ones that are available? The thor hammer seems to be surprisingly great quality for the price, so I was wondering if the shield also is good quality.

@ssuperheroes

Nice to see you here

I´m lucky that I got one of the hammers. I don´t believe that they will be available in Germany. Like the Shield and the Green Lantern Ring I´ve ordert at your shop.

Hopefully the Shipping to Germany goes alright and the dumb asses at the german custom let it pass.

It was definately not the last time i purchased something at your shop. Because Comic Props to find in Germany is such as hard as find water in the desert.

Greetings

Paddy

Hey Derek, glad to see you joined. I have a question for you regarding the Captain America movie shield you sell:

Is it a decent (thick) shield? i.e. is it flimsy and easily breakable like the comic-style ones that are available? The thor hammer seems to be surprisingly great quality for the price, so I was wondering if the shield also is good quality.

Great question. They're in storage until Monday but yesterday I held one of them (which was A LOT of fun I should add) to see what the material is like.

First off there are two red velcro arm bands which allows you to hold the shield on your forearm which I thought was a good idea (so on Halloween, you can hold your trick-or-treat bag behind your shield!).

The shield is not very thick, like the hard plastic of a frisbee. But I won't go as far as say it's flimsy or easily breakable. I didn't get the idea that if you dropped it, the shield would break.

Keep in mind that Disguise seems to care more about how their costume accessories look more than anything else.

When I get a hold of the shields on Monday, I'll add anything here I missed to describe the shield. If you're familiar with Disguise's classic shield, the biggest difference between the classic Cap shield and this one is the red and blue colors of the movie shield are darker.

I hope this answers your question.

@ssuperheroes

Nice to see you here

I´m lucky that I got one of the hammers. I don´t believe that they will be available in Germany. Like the Shield and the Green Lantern Ring I´ve ordert at your shop.

Hopefully the Shipping to Germany goes alright and the dumb asses at the german custom let it pass.

It was definately not the last time i purchased something at your shop. Because Comic Props to find in Germany is such as hard as find water in the desert.

Greetings

Paddy

Hi, Paddy. Thanks for your order! :thumbsup

We're glad you found us and we hope the shipping process from us to you goes smoothly. Like the other orders we received, we will ship yours on Monday.

Great question. They're in storage until Monday but yesterday I held one of them (which was A LOT of fun I should add) to see what the material is like.

First off there are two red velcro arm bands which allows you to hold the shield on your forearm which I thought was a good idea (so on Halloween, you can hold your trick-or-treat bag behind your shield!).

The shield is not very thick, like the hard plastic of a frisbee. But I won't go as far as say it's flimsy or easily breakable. I didn't get the idea that if you dropped it, the shield would break.

Keep in mind that Disguise seems to care more about how their costume accessories look more than anything else.

When I get a hold of the shields on Monday, I'll add anything here I missed to describe the shield. If you're familiar with Disguise's classic shield, the biggest difference between the classic Cap shield and this one is the red and blue colors of the movie shield are darker.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks for the info. I'm still a little on the fence with ordering one of those as well. Perhaps when someone on this board receives theirs, they can post some better pics or a review like general frosty did for the hammer.

so glad this turned out nice, if it had been Rubies we probably wouldnt even be talking about it anymore...

Here are a few more quick photos.
I'm hoping we can work together to come up with a solution to accurize it. The disc on top needs replaced and the handle needs to have the texture removed, color lighter, shorter loop and made of leather.
DSC_0143.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0145.jpg

I dont think I am going to do an exact movie accurate one as I dont want to deal with the copyright BS. The last thing I want is for Marvel to come down on me-- they have way more money than me. I asctuall y called them to find out about getting licensed to do these and they asked me if I had a half of a million bucks cause that is what it would take.

I may do a movie accurate for myself, but not for the general population or to sell on a regular basis.

Price is determined by the features you are wanting on it-- movie style handle, real leather, real metal head, text-- Horns of Odin-- etc-- shoot me an email from my site to discuss.

I'd be down for a replacement handle....my initial idea is to fill the hammer head with resin to give it more weight, but the handle has gotta go. Can you do a faithful replica of the movie handle only?

I could model up a cap piece and have it 3d printed with the writing on it and just pop it on over the top of the existing cap. Would anyone be interested in that?

is there ANY clearer shot of the writing on the top piece? I can work with the one thats been posted, but a little clearer would definitely be nice

GeneralFROSTY, did you know that the handle for the hammer unscrews from the head? Just curious, I just unscrewed mine and I'm about to repaint the head.

Considering either sanding down the handle and repaint it as well or doing something completely different.

what resin would be best for filling the head? i would think most resins would get hot enough to start warping the plastic.

I could model up a cap piece and have it 3d printed with the writing on it and just pop it on over the top of the existing cap. Would anyone be interested in that?

is there ANY clearer shot of the writing on the top piece? I can work with the one thats been posted, but a little clearer would definitely be nice

If you can do it, I am totally down for one and would help out in any way that I can.
I tried doing some sanding but the plastic is not really suited for sanding.
I would want to just recast the entire hammer head in a solid resin - this would also allow me to sand off the seam lines on the sides.
The handles biggest problem area is the texture, but sanding that off would also involve sanding off the faux stitching, as it would be tough to avoid sanding that off with the rest of the texture.
Maybe a rapid prototype of a new handle can be done as well??
Aside from the cap and the handle, this could really turn out to be a great replica of the prop.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back