Who eles can play Iron man/Tony Stark?

Okay, I'm back from washing my brain of the images of Ryan Reynolds as Tony Stark.

Whoever said James Franco, meet me in the vacant lot on the corner, we're going to have words and if anyone is even thinking Shia Laboufie, you're next.

People who could've played Tony Stark, but are now too old, or dead:
Michael Keaton
Bruce Willis
Steve McQueen (I put him in because, well, c'mon Steve McQueen in Iron Man armor, I'd sell a kidney to see that)
Pierce Brosnan (awesome Stark- horrible Iron Man)
Burt Reynolds (Think Hooper and Semi-Tough time frame)
Errol Flynn

I made this list trying to use it to spring board my ideas of who could currently play Stark/Iron Man. I got nothin'

Some dude from Twilight :lol

I know this is a joke and take it as such, but I've got to tell you this is why I don't get into conversations on IMDB. Not because people make jokes like that, but because whenever casting decisions are being discussed you get crap like this- except people are serious about it. A couple of years ago I made the mistake of being involved in a discussion about if Bonnie and Clyde were made today who should star. It started with one Pattinson/Stewart post and then was swarmed by Twilight people who would not hear of a dissenting viewpoint. You couldn't even say two other names without fifteen posts tearing you down and accusing you of hating Twilight- which I do, but that is totally beside the point. It got so bad over there that me and a few other people used to email back and forth to take guesses when the first "K-Stew would be perfect for..." post would appear.

[deep breath] But, like I said, I know you're joking. It's just a little PTSD.

Gotta agree with JBReplicas on Dominic Cooper. After all, he did play Howard Stark in CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER.

benjamin-walker-dominic-cooper-abraham-lincoln-premiere-09.jpg

Also, first post here on the RPF. Great to be here!

First off, Welcome to the RPF! Second, I think that would be the best idea. Maybe bring Howard back alive like they did with Captain America. IDK just brainstorming there.

Please no magical reincarnation of fathers. If RDJ doesn't come back, just do it James Bond style. Put a new actor in the role, adjust the writing to suit him and let the chips fall.

Of the suggestions I think I'd go with Karl Urban. The problem is going to be if you get an actor that isn't as comfortable with making changes as RDJ. When you read about lots of the changes he pushed during filming, especially in dialogue, of both IM3 and Avengers the way it was written blew. What he came up with made the scene.

I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan would make a better Wolverine than Tony Stark, but I do like an idea that I heard a while back that they could either use James Roday, or Jon Hamm could replace him.

Here's a thought:maybe after Thanos gets done they hit the reset a bit and we get another universe? new Iron Man,New Captain America et cetera? some of the guys could be replaced but for those who can't just restart?

I think at this point it would be like recasting Han Solo or Capt. Picard. He was perfect so it would be almost impossible to find someone to play it better.

I agree and if RDJ doesn't want to play the role anymore, maybe they could replace ironman with war machine in the Avengers. Then the actor doesn't matter as much.

I think Marvel will recast Stark, but there will be a buffer in there, Stark goes away, whether they do the losing all his money plot or just him walking away from the Suit. then Rhody will take on the role of Iron Man (rather then War Machine) We've already seen Both Banner and Rhody recast within the movies, and if Don Cheedle doesn't come back, we could see another one. Give us maybe 2 movies with Rhodes as Iron Man (could be appearences in another Hero's Movie or Avengers 4) and then introduce the returning Stark Played by another actor.

I know I'm attached to the Notion that RDJ IS Tony Stark as much as everyone else, but I also grew up in the Roger Moore James Bond era, and didn't want to see anyone else take the role (or even watch Sean Connery Movies - Yes I missed some of the best Bond as a kid lol) With the right Casting, no matter who it is, the General public (definately not everyone) will accept the change.

that said, I wold like it to be an relatively unknown actor step in. let him prove his casting based on how he handles this project, not the 3 or more other roles we'd all be looking at. Hell, I was Screaming Mr Mom when Keaton was cast as Batman, but He's still my favorite Movie version today.

Don Cheedle doesn't have the presence nor the same chemistry with RDJ that Terrence Howard did.
He still seems awkward as if he doesn't even want to be in a superhero movie.
Don's performance is really devoid of nuance and his comic timing is non-existant. I know he has talent but I get no joy from watching him in an Iron Man movie.

there. I said it.

Don Cheedle doesn't have the presence nor the same chemistry with RDJ that Terrence Howard did.
He still seems awkward as if he doesn't even want to be in a superhero movie.
Don's performance is really devoid of nuance and his comic timing is non-existant. I know he has talent but I get no joy from watching him in an Iron Man movie.

there. I said it.

I agree about Cheadle. I am attached to the idea of RDJ as Stark. But I really don't care if Rhodes is recast, already happened once. I agree that Cheadle carrying the role in a standalone movie is hard to imagine. He could be ok in an ensemble piece like Avengers.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back