Which way round?

WTF are you

Ok guys and gals i dont know if this has been covered before but cant find anything on it so here's my dilemma.

Im about to install my dreads and foam the inside and was wondering which way will bring the best results. Do i put the dreads in first and then pour the foam in to suround the dreads or do i pour the foam in and then try putting the dreads in? I was going to put cross slits in the dread holes to hold them better and use a medium flexible or soft flexible foam as the rigid stuff would probably over stretch the mask as it continues to set and expand.

I was thinking of just sticking them on the outside but hearing stories of people pulling on them at halloween i changed my mind.And i was going to use upholstery foam round the face area as it would be more workable i think.

Thanks guys if you can help.

Mine are attacched on the outside... just make sure your dread holes aren't painted and your golden. You'll tear the dread in half before that superglue bond breaks between the foam and latex.

If you cut slits in the holes .. Then instal dreads.. Then pour foam, you run the risk of a big mess. When expanding foam wants to do it's job it will try and find any avenue out. It will push right through those slits and make a big mess outside that mask. Dread loss is part of the territory.. It just happens.. Even if they are cemented in, they at times just break off. Honestly, just foam the mask to fit your head nicely.. Then glue them un with a nice CA glue and zip kicker

What George said...if you cut the mask, then foam it, you will hate your life, and ask why no one warned you this would be a total disaster.

Thanks alot guys, much appreciated. I was so close to cutting the holes and thought the dreads would plug them up. Wont be doing now though.
Thanks for saving me money and a world of hurt :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back