Which cheaper range Vader ESB helmet Is the most accurate? (JMC, Portumac, SPFX ,others)

Imperial Weapon

I've always wanted a TM helmet and I've always wanted a helmet with a builders hat liner but I wouldn't feel right putting that on a TM as it breaks accuracy and that is the most accurate one, also I personally believe I'd get more value out of wearing a full costume than displaying it so damaging something that expensive I feel I can't take that chance, so I want to know what's the most accurate cheaper range (400 is the limit) ESB helmet for those reasons If anyone can chime in I'll be extremely grateful (I know you Vader experts can't resist!:lol:)

I've always wanted a TM helmet and I've always wanted a helmet with a builders hat liner but I wouldn't feel right putting that on a TM as it breaks accuracy and that is the most accurate one, also I personally believe I'd get more value out of wearing a full costume than displaying it so damaging something that expensive I feel I can't take that chance, so I want to know what's the most accurate cheaper range (400 is the limit) ESB helmet for those reasons If anyone can chime in I'll be extremely grateful (I know you Vader experts can't resist!:lol:)
There is no cheap range unfortunately man

Even JMC or Bookface is more than $400 bucks

I started with a JMC when JMC was still an unknown and people were all the rave for Darth Stone helmets.
and in 2015 it was even $650 for a helmet

Unless you go for an EFX PCR helmet im sure you can score one and convert it into an ESB helmet.
or ask Mike Warren very nicely if you can get an ESB helmet from him in KIT form and you paint and finish the helmet yourself.

I am thinking of putting my suite wearing behind it's awesome I feel like a rockstar at cons,people get real angry if they don't get a pick with me
and it's awesome to see people so excited to see their dream movie character in real life but man the suite kills me lol

Im too afraid to put on my TM I don't think I will im too afraid it falls and cracks I would die so it looks Vaderly from my display case instantly bringing me to ESB ,the moment I look at it and the scene where vader says " We would be honored if you would join us " floods my mind

I started with a JMC when JMC was still an unknown and people were all the rave for Darth Stone helmets.

Unless you go for an EFX PCR helmet im sure you can score one and convert it into an ESB helmet.
or ask Mike Warren very nicely if you can get an ESB helmet from him in KIT form and you paint and finish the helmet yourself.

I am thinking of putting my suite wearing behind it's awesome I feel like a rockstar at cons,people get real angry if they don't get a pick with me
and it's awesome to see people so excited to see their dream movie character in real life but man the suite kills me lol

Im too afraid to put on my TM I don't think I will im too afraid it falls and cracks I would die so it looks Vaderly from my display case instantly bringing me to ESB ,the moment I look at it and the scene where vader says " We would be honored if you would join us " floods my mind
Well kit form is what I'm looking for, I got a EFX PCR recast for £177 off of etsy barely got the dome unglued from the head was warped underneath and worst off all it smashed to pieces in the wind, but I intended to make an ANH out of it I was thinking I could recast it again and make an ESB but I dunno if thats worth it.

4F5E1B1E-14BA-45BB-9582-73EF26EB7057.jpeg
Here’s an ESB I got for a good price, been working on it in my free time to get it a little more up to my standards lol still far from completion, most raw kits now a days are still over that 400$ price range, with some makers not even wanting to sell raw castings, eBay can be a great place to find Vader castings **sometimes** there is also many forum marketplaces you should check out regularly as kits pop up from time to time.

View attachment 1480605Here’s an ESB I got for a good price, been working on it in my free time to get it a little more up to my standards lol still far from completion, most raw kits now a days are still over that 400$ price range, with some makers not even wanting to sell raw castings, eBay can be a great place to find Vader castings **sometimes** there is also many forum marketplaces you should check out regularly as kits pop up from time to time.
Bloody hell that's amazing!!! the dome positioning and everything!!!! do you know what its cast from? sellers name? also what forum marketplaces would you recommend?

Last edited:
Also for those wondering why I haven't posted pics of my EFX PCR recast is because my phones missing and I'm getting a new one for my birthday so.

Also do you know how much Mike charges?.

Bloody hell that's amazing!!! the dome positioning and everything!!!! do you know what its cast from? sellers name? also what forum marketplaces would you recommend?
Thanks, I’ve been lucky to have found some great reference of the helmet, the dome positioning is just rough as I haven’t put the mount in the dome yet. I cannot remember the name for the life of me at the moment, it was a while a go and I’ve worked on quite a few Vader’s now it’s hard to keep track of where they came from, I’m also not sure on its origin, still so much to do to the face.
Also do you know how much Mike charges?.
don’t quote me but I believe it’s somewhere around 700USD plus ship

Thanks, I’ve been lucky to have found some great reference of the helmet, the dome positioning is just rough as I haven’t put the mount in the dome yet. I cannot remember the name for the life of me at the moment, it was a while a go and I’ve worked on quite a few Vader’s now it’s hard to keep track of where they came from, I’m also not sure on its origin, still so much to do to the face.

don’t quote me but I believe it’s somewhere around 700USD plus ship
Well thanks for giving me a rough idea for the price of one of his helmets, can't wait to see your ESB finished.

$650 for a finished ESB

I think if you ask him really nicely he might sell you a kit helmet im not sure what the price would be but around $500 perhaps I'm not sure.
Thanks for letting me know, I mean I suppose I could stretch my budget but i'll have to fix up and sell my other helmets first but I'm not sure if I can sell my modified rubies because of the cracks to the filler caused by the flexible plastic and I don't think many people would want the Rubies as a display piece modified or not.

Last edited:
Newimage Prop Replicas makes the cheapest Vader helmet I can think of. But even then it's about $500. It's not as accurate as the other offerings. For the price difference I would move up to the Darth Ugly by Bookface. Or better yet Mike Warren's helmet for just a little bit more.

You could take an EFX PCR helmet and convert it from ANH to ESB. I've seen someone else do that before.

Newimage Prop Replicas makes the cheapest Vader helmet I can think of. But even then it's about $500. It's not as accurate as the other offerings. For the price difference I would move up to the Darth Ugly by Bookface. Or better yet Mike Warren's helmet for just a little bit more.

You could take an EFX PCR helmet and convert it from ANH to ESB. I've seen someone else do that before.

Sorry for the confusion I'm from the UK so my budget is £400 which is $556.24 also I do have a New Image helmet for £250 but I wanted something with a better eye socket shape and dome positioning.

Ok so now I've mentioned I'm from the UK I realised my budgets higher than I thought so to rephrase the question what would be the best helmet for $600 or less?

Ah ok in that case I would have to still say Darth Ugly. Literally every other option is over the limit. And Bookface is in the UK, so shipping would be cheaper.

Ah ok in that case I would have to still say Darth Ugly. Literally every other option is over the limit. And Bookface is in the UK, so shipping would be cheaper.

Well I guess I would have to modify my PCR recast for my accuracy requirement but I wanted to get an ESB so I could keep My fiberglass PCR copy a ANH helmet is recasting that recast cheaper?

I think it's not allowed to recast an active license product, like they do not allow to sell 3D scans of the eFX Mandalorian helmet. So you shouldn't recast the recast. In fact you should never recast a recast, except some cases I'm not here to explain.

I think it's not allowed to recast an active license product, like they do not allow to sell 3D scans of the eFX Mandalorian helmet. So you shouldn't recast the recast. In fact you should never recast a recast, except some cases I'm not here to explain.
I didn't recast it I bought the recast as it was £177 and the faceplate was warped, also I thought it was okay as long as its a licenced product that's no longer being made because people seem totally fine about DP DLX recasts so I'm a bit confused, it will of course be modified to greater accuracy to one of the films so would that still count? I don't wanna break any of the rules here.

since your budget is about 600 USD you could find a pretty decent helmet kit for that price, whether thats on ebay or somewhere else or even asking some makers about raw kits, i wouldnt reccomend using that efx recast/recasting it, the way those were made and the quality of casting isnt really worth the time. I think theres one kit i know of that was being sold for 350 USD (GH ANH by Tony Le(i think he isnt making them now not sure but i know he was making them/is continuing soon) it is an ANH but the mods needed to change between the two versions is doable. he also makes the GH ROTJ which with some little tweaks is very very nice, not sure on the price of that one though.

since your budget is about 600 USD you could find a pretty decent helmet kit for that price, whether thats on ebay or somewhere else or even asking some makers about raw kits, i wouldnt reccomend using that efx recast/recasting it, the way those were made and the quality of casting isnt really worth the time. I think theres one kit i know of that was being sold for 350 USD (GH ANH by Tony Le(i think he isnt making them now not sure but i know he was making them/is continuing soon) it is an ANH but the mods needed to change between the two versions is doable. he also makes the GH ROTJ which with some little tweaks is very very nice, not sure on the price of that one though.
Yeah I know blew in the wind and smashed to bits :lol: bits still on the helmet but ya know can't show photo cuz phones missing also is Tony Le on therpf or facebook or?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back