where to get styrene

Star Wars Man

alright

is there a differnece from styrene and sheet styrene?

and is this tuff to work with? like you need to vaccum form it?

and where do i get it?

Sheet styrene is just styrene in flat sheets. Styrene can be extruded into rods, tubes, half-round, quarter-round, T-beams, I-beams, and nearly countless over forms.

Styrene is super-easey to work with. You'll want to use a "plastic weld" type glue. This chemically melts the plastic at the point of contact so the two pieces are fused together.

There are several online retailers. It's also available at most hobby shops and craft stores.

i am gonna go make a visit to my hobby shop. it is like for planes and trains and such, but they may have something.what would be the best thickness for a e11 sights and stock? and possibly um...argh cant think right...o... mag housing and mag. like...1/16 of an inch?

In my experience, 1 mm and 2 mm are pretty good for "general construction". Use the 2 mm for structural parts, and the 1mm for curves and detail. You can heat form 1mm styrene with a decent hair dryer. In your example: I would 2mm for the stock and 1mm for the sights.

Styrene is dirty cheap. Get several different gauges and see what works best for you.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back