Where to get EVA foam sheets

PETEDKAT

No seriously where is everyone getting all of their foam from? I have tried Walmart, Home Depot, Lowe's, the craft store... and come up empty.

Do I have to special order it? And if so from where?
Amazon? China? The foam fairy?

Thanks in advance

Home depot has 1/2" foam squares in their flooring department. If you want some in stock,mthe only place I can find is Sears Best Step 1/4" rolls. You have to cut and flatten, but that is easy with a heat gun. Sears online has them for 19.99 and will ship free to your door in 2-3 days. 24.99 in the store. You will need 2-3 rolls to complete a suit. Harbor freight also has floor mats.

Sears sells the Best Step in interlocking sheets as well, if you can find them then go for that. Flattening out the rolls is a pain in the ass. In my experience, the 1/2" foam is honestly too thick and too stiff to be any use for anything except N7 style builds.

FoamTiles.com sells 1/2" sheets but the ones I got from them were just a hair thinner (8mm), and they are much less stiff than the 1/2" ones that Lowes or Home Depot carries. Their prices are cheaper and they have free shipping.

I've also been hearing that Big Lots sells large 1/4" rolls of anti-fatigue mat for very cheap. I haven't used it personally but a friend of mine used it on her Iron Man build and the result was amazing.

As always you guys have come through for me again! Thanks I will check out Sears for sure and there is a Harbor Freight near by so I will go there too. I think part of it is just not asking for the foam by the right name.... Im going around asking for EVA foam sheets when I should have been asking for "anti-fatigue foam" who knew?

Thanks again!

Another thing to do is go on the websites of those big chain stores, like k-mart or walmart or whatever and type in the search box that you are looking for foam floor mats

Sears sells the Best Step in interlocking sheets as well, if you can find them then go for that. Flattening out the rolls is a pain in the ass. In my experience, the 1/2" foam is honestly too thick and too stiff to be any use for anything except N7 style builds.

FoamTiles.com sells 1/2" sheets but the ones I got from them were just a hair thinner (8mm), and they are much less stiff than the 1/2" ones that Lowes or Home Depot carries. Their prices are cheaper and they have free shipping.

I've also been hearing that Big Lots sells large 1/4" rolls of anti-fatigue mat for very cheap. I haven't used it personally but a friend of mine used it on her Iron Man build and the result was amazing.

I used 1/2 antifatigue mats from harbor freight to build my mkIV. They were cheaper and make a sturdier cosplay.

lowes has the gray 12mm (i believe) anti fatigue mats in the back by the doors aisle
dunno why theyre back there, but they can be hard to find if you dont know where to look.

im buying from harbor freight next time.
unless someone here has a good place online for huge rolls

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back