where to buy magnets locally?

vgfett

My local Home Depot claimed they do not carry magnets. Where does everyone suggest to score some from without having to order them online?

My daughter has this board with letters that have magnets in them that you stick on it, and I keep wondering if she'd miss a few letters.... :)

You should be able to find them at a Radio Shack store. Look in the area where they keep electronic components, or with the science kits and toys and stuff like that.

Wait... Are you looking for magnets to fix a bio to mask? If so, stay away from anything sold at a consumer electronics store or hardware supply.. Even their supposed "super strong" ones won't do the trick. You need industrial rare earth magnets ... They aren't too expensive if you check eBay.

Wait... Are you looking for magnets to fix a bio to mask? If so, stay away from anything sold at a consumer electronics store or hardware supply.. Even their supposed "super strong" ones won't do the trick. You need industrial rare earth magnets ... They aren't too expensive if you check eBay.

Yup that's exactly what I'm looking to use them for- thanks for the heads up on the lack of strength. I was afraid of that..

Michael's crafts store has 'em, they have large and small sizes...

How do those compare in strength to the ebay rare earth magnets?

I know the large ones are pretty strong.

And you sure will find a use for ten.... bio/mask attachments, attaching armor pieces, gaunt lid closures...

---
Ei'luj

So after checking Home Depot, my wife checking our local AC Moore, and me calling our local Michaels, NONE of them had these magnets in stock :p I ended up going the eBay route. The good news is, a pack of FIFTY are on their way ;)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back