Where do you guys have prop photos printed?

Hecubus114

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Most places like kinkos around here won't do it (obviously, for copyright reasons) - so how would I have large ones printed? Like 8x10s?

You should be able to do it at Costco. I have uploaded to the kiosk and then come back to pick them up with no incident. I've also uploaded them from online for store pickup to save gas.

Assuming you're a member, of course.

walgreens isn't up for it either. They made me get a waver signed by my friend to print out some of her art she sent me.

Find a kiosk that does the 8x10 insta prints, vs the developed ones behind the counter...

It's been awhile since I did 8x10s, but I did re-reprint some clearly pro shot Senior Class photos at Target of my girlfriends son, we had paid for and had a release waiver from the studio, but the 18 year old girl behind the counter didn't even flinch or asked to see it...

Honestly you will hear it all the time, small talk or befriend the person behind the counter at a box store like Target and you will likely slide by just fine in many cases...

And who is to say you don't have (hint hint) a reprint release form from that stock photo image collection company you downloaded it from?

Thanks guys - yeah, I'm sure I could find a way around the copyright thing, but another concern I have is that the photos are from a (fake) crime scene and certain ones show a dead guy lying on the floor... I dont want to get in any trouble, LOL.

Thanks guys - yeah, I'm sure I could find a way around the copyright thing, but another concern I have is that the photos are from a (fake) crime scene and certain ones show a dead guy lying on the floor... I dont want to get in any trouble, LOL.

Then get your own photo printer ;)

If its worth the investment, buy a good photo printer. If not, just explain to the person our placing the photo order with that the picture is a prop. I used to use a mom and pop photo shop but they have since gone out of business which forced me to get an Epson Artisan 800 printer. Used they can be had cheap, newer models are out but its a great photo printer. Ive had some super tiny text clearly readable with the help of a magnifying glass from that printer on matte photo paper.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back