Where could I source the strap inside of a hard hat?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

efarley

I am looking to make a Sam (Trick R Treat) costume for Halloween and in sourcing photos I found a shot of the inside of the mask and noticed they’re using something similar to a hard hat. I don’t know what this thing is called, or where I might find one outside of a hard hat. It seems like a great idea for a lot of helms so I’d love to pick one up, any leads you smart folks could give me?

940254FD-5B30-483F-834F-BAB7ECBE2F8A.jpeg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Octipig

Check our local thrift store. I usually see a lot of options for that sort of thing: batting helmets, old football helmets, hard hats lacrosse helmets, etc.

TazMan2000

Master Member
I’ve never seen replacement straps for a hard hat. Usually if the strap needs replacing a worker would buy the entire helmet, considering they aren’t that expensive.

TazMan2000

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.