When is the Polar Lights NX-01 large model coming out?

Betamin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Anyone have any info on this? Seems like it's taking forever to be made available for sale......

I hear that only the very first kits have been received in the states, the bulk of them are on the boat from China.

I'd say... a few more weeks?
icon_confused.gif

- karl

I'm pretty sure I read in a recent issue of Toy Shop that the large scale (1/350) 1701 from TMP is due 4th quarter 2004, and the large scale (1/350) NX-01 has been put on indefinite hold to to some molding problems. I read a bunch of model mags last night, and cant't remember which one It was in. Like I said, thought it was Toy Shop.

I have it on good authority that the above "rumor" is absolutely not true. The kit is definitely in production, has been for a couple of weeks, and they should be on the shelves in the not too distant future.

No delay due to "molding problems".

This is out of an email from the guy who designed the kit.
icon_smile.gif

- Karl

The kits are supposed to hit the states/distributors around the 12th of April, according to Dave Metzner of Polar Lights...

Yes, a long time coming, but I'm sure it will have been worth the wait.
icon_smile.gif

Cool! Thanks for the info, everyone. I definitely want to get one when it finally hits the stores. There's a Hobbytown USA near me that carries some good kits, and they have the Bandai and PL stuff there. Unfortunately the Bandai kits are usually priced VERY high, so I found it's probably better to hit Ebay and try to snag any of those kits at a lesser price. I'll keep my eyes open for the NX-01 when it gets there to see what they price it at.

This is probably old news, but it looks like they have pics of the unpainted kit on monstersinmotion.com.

Got mine in today and all I can say is DAMN...

This is going to take me FOREVER to finish.

The trick will be lighting it. Do you go with lightsheet, a slew of LED's, or perhaps something more old school like custom interior Neon Tubing?

So many possibilities...
icon_smile.gif

-Gary

This is a big kit. Really big.

Excellent, kit. Just a few years ago, I thought that science fiction modeling had bottomed out as a hobby, with the 2 biggest licenses (Star Trek and Star Wars) both dropped. Now, between Polar Lights and Fine Molds, this is the best time ever to be a science fiction model builder. For hobbiests who want a well engineered, carefully researched, truly acurate kit, the NX-01 is a landmark.

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back