What's your top 5 favorite movie scenes !

Unforgiven (1992). One of Eastwood's best movies in my opinion, but the most memorable moment for me comes down to one line. In the scene between The Schofield Kid and Will Munny after The Kid confesses the man he'd just shot and killed was his first, and Munny says "It's a hell of a thing, killing a man; take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna' have."

I'd have to counter (in effort to top) this one, from another line from the same scene )in not the very next exchange):

"Well - I gues they had it comin'..."

"We ALL got it comin' kid..."

Chills me every time.

I have to say the end of Escape from LA is an interesting one that is perfect for Snake's character and makes it tough for a sequel. Not that I wouldn't mind one more.

I'd have to counter (in effort to top) this one, from another line from the same scene )in not the very next exchange):

"Well - I gues they had it comin'..."

"We ALL got it comin' kid..."

Chills me every time.
Well played good Sir, and I'd be foolish to disagree (not that I want to). Unforgiven is filled with memorable dialogue and scenes, but they're delivered and performed so naturally that they don't draw attention to themselves they way they would in a lesser movie like, say, Scarface. I mean, "Say hello to my li'l friend" might be a memorable scene, but it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I didn't see anyone mention these, but otherwise I agree with most of them.

Raiders - Indy confronting the swordsman in the street and then just shooting him.

Tremors - "Broke into the wrong god d*mn rec room, didn't ya you *******!" :lol

ROTJ - Luke diving off the speederbike, igniting his lightsaber, deflecting the incoming blaster bolts, then cutting of the steering vanes of the attacking speederbike. For me that was the first "Holy &!@*" moment as a kid where you really saw what a Jedi could do.

1) Excalibur (1981): When the Knights are riding to battle. With "O Fortuna" playing in the background....By far the best King Arthur movie. Saw this scene as a kid and never stopped loving it

Excalibur - YouTube

2) Glory (1989): The Final Battle Scene where the 54th Massachusetts Regiment attacks Fort Wagner. The final charge after Shaw is amazing

Glory (1989) Part 8/8 - YouTube

3) Black Hawk Down: Randy Shugart and Gary Gordon protecting Super 64.

Black Hawk Down - Randy Shughart, Gary Gordon - YouTube

4) The Mist: One of the best endings

The Mist End (*Spoiler* ) - YouTube (only could find it in spanish :( )

5) Psycho 1960

Norman Bates dressed as his mother with the knife

Last edited:
4) The Mist: One of the best endings

The ending of this movie actually made me feel like I was punched in the stomach. I didn't see it in the theater so I bought the DVD on release day, got home from work late and popped this in. I was so upset no one was up to watch it with me as I wanted to talk about it with someone and everyone was asleep!

The CG was wonky on the movie but it still creeps me out every time I watch it. :thumbsup

These two come to mind fro now

Cliffhanger when Stallone drops the girl
The Professional intense ending

5 off the top of my head. No particular order.

1. Superman in a rage after Lois dies and makes the world spin backwards.
2. "No, I am your father....."
3. Cool Hand Luke singing and playing the banjo after he learned his mother
just died.
4. "They peed on my $%^&& rug. That's right Dude, they peed on your $%^^&& rug.
5. "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger...."

ANH: Star Destroyer Fly-Over
RotJ: Speeder Bike Chase
Iron Man: First Flight
Raiders: Indy vs. swordsman
Rocketeer: Airfield Rescue

AT-AT attack on Hoth.
Blade Runner opening.
Final scenes in Bram Stokers Dracula
Luke vs Vader duell in Cloud City
Ending scenes in Dead Man Walking.

No particular order.

I wanted to add speederbike chase, and empty London scenes in 24 days later.

The Italian Job (69) - The Getaway and the ending

Star Trek II - Khans death

The Big Lebowski - Just dropped in hallucination

Star Trek XI - Enterprise coming guns blazing at the Narada

Star Trek VIII - Battle of sector 001 - Enterprise to the rescue

This is just a quick list, I'm sure there's many more I'll remember :p

Off the top of my head:

ANH Death star trench run
RAIDERS Indy and golden idol
The Two Towers: Gandalf vs the balrog
Quints speech in JAWS. In fact, all of JAWS.
Transformation scene in AMERICAN WEREWOLF

Sure there are 100's more I could list. So many great moments in film.

Back to the future - the ending when Doc gets Marty home.

Back to the future Part II - the Hoverboard Chase.

Back to the future Part III - the end when Doc arrives with his Family with the Time-Train.

Mortal Kombat - Reptile and Liu Kang Fight.

Street Fighter - Guile vs. Bison fight.

to be honest, there's so many more.

In no particular order...

5. The Omega Man - Opening Scene - Heston as Robert Neville driving through an empty post-apocalyptic Los Angeles to the jazzy rendition of "A Summer Place". As soon as he sees something moving behind a window, he stops the car and pulls out a S&W M76 and blasts it...

4. The Empire Strikes Back - The Asteroid Chase - One of my earliest movie memories as a child! How thrilling it was to see Han outmaneuver those TIE Fighters and escape the Imperials?!

3. Escape from New York - Snake at the Plane - Nothing special here, except Snake is so damn cool just walking around the streets of NY with his gun and boots. And I like when he sits down and contemplates his next move.

2. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - the opening fight - When Indy cuts the gong and runs behind is one of my all time favorite movie scenes!

1. Evil Dead II - Ending scene - Ash battles Henrietta and gets sucked through a time warp, stranded in the Middle ages. CLASSIC!!

Too many to mention but here are the ones that spring to mind.

1. Braveheart " freedom speech"
2. French connection- chase scene
3. Saw - end scene
4. Jaws - first time we heard the music when jaws appeared
5. E.T. - end scene when E.T is leaving in his ship

I could easily do a top 100

Cheers

Alex

3. Escape from New York - Snake at the Plane - Nothing special here, except Snake is so damn cool just walking around the streets of NY with his gun and boots. And I like when he sits down and contemplates his next move.

Oh yeah, that is a great character and scene! You dont see many leading characters that cool.

Here they are in no particular order:

1. The opening sequence of the original, first Star Wars movie.

2. George C. Scott's speech in front of the American flag in Patton.

3. Ripley getting into her space suit while evading the creature in the escape module in Alien.

4. The ending scene in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

5. The closing sequence in the original b&w version of Dawn of the Dead.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back