What's your top 5 favorite movie scenes !

Never did give my list lol
One of them is Russell Crowe in Gladiator
Are you not entertained?

I was thinking about that one too...

Another fantastic sequence is the ending of Unforgiven...

"I don't deserve to die like this!"

"Deserves got nuthin' to do with it!"

Last edited:
I was thinking about that one too...

Another fantastic sequences is the ending of Unforgiven...

"I don't deserve to die like this!"

"Deserves got nuthin' to do with it!"

Thanks! The camera angle shooting under him when he walks into the arena as
the rose petals are pouring down over him like rain is one of the best shots ever its perfection.

Monty Python Life of Brian; scene where they’re all sitting around complaining, ‘What did the Romans ever do for US? ‘

-Scene in Cool Hand Luke where everyone has bets watching if Luke can eat 50 eggs.

-Scene in Harry Potter’s Sorcerers Stone where Hagrid takes Harry to Diagon Alley for the first time to pick up supplies.

-Opening scene in Office Space where the guy is stuck in traffic and watches an old man pass him using a walker.

-Scene in Soylent Green where Edward G. Robinson is on his deathbed in the ‘factory’ watching scenes of what life on Earth used to be like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Godfather I and II, any scene in each movie, every time I watch them I find something new.

Saving Private Ryan D-Day beach landing, speaks for itself

Stealing the Enterprise - Star Trek III
Hoverboard Chase - Back to the Future part II
Airshow Rescue - The Rocketeer
Asteroid Chase - The Empire Strikes Back
Club Obi-Wan - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

It's amazing how few scenes are mentioned by 3 or more people. I didn't actually go through the thread and count, but from what I recall the Star Destroyer flyover scene and the Indianapolis speech were the only two scenes ranked in the top 5 by at least 3 people. And I'm surprised no one's echoed a few of my top 5.

The Wook

It's amazing how few scenes are mentioned by 3 or more people. I didn't actually go through the thread and count, but from what I recall the Star Destroyer flyover scene and the Indianapolis speech were the only two scenes ranked in the top 5 by at least 3 people. And I'm surprised no one's echoed a few of my top 5.

Are you criticizing our choices? :angry

The Wook

Hey! Hey, hey, hey...!

The Top Gun opening got three nods! ;)

I don't think I could narrow it dow to 5 top favorites.
There are too many in ANH, the Stardestroyer flyover is one

ESB: On Bespin, the doors open, Vader stands up, Chewie roars, Han wastes no time and starts firing at Vader.

Red Beard: where he is trying to get a traumitized girl to take some medicine and he breaks through her trauma with kindness.

Jaws: Quint's Indianapolis story

Jurassic park. When we first see the Brachiosaur.

I don't think I could narrow it dow to 5 top favorites.
There are too many in ANH, the Stardestroyer flyover is one
I concur completely with regards to Star Wars (before the not-so-Special Editions, that is). Every scene is a favorite for me; despite the many many many times I've seen it, it still only takes a moment and I'm hooked like I was the first time I saw it in 1977.

So that's one. Some of my others are...

Jaws. The Indianapolis scene is a standout, of course, but I love the entire movie.

Frankenstein (1931). The sequence that begins with the first time we actually see the Monster as he backs through the doorway, and ends with Henry Frankenstein and Dr. Waldman restraining the Monster after Fritz enters with the torch. Boris Karloff owns this scene, and in my opinion he is the only actor to every convincingly play the Monster as a sympathetic being, as much victim as culprit.

Unforgiven (1992). One of Eastwood's best movies in my opinion, but the most memorable moment for me comes down to one line. In the scene between The Schofield Kid and Will Munny after The Kid confesses the man he'd just shot and killed was his first, and Munny says "It's a hell of a thing, killing a man; take away all he's got, and all he's ever gonna' have."

I know there are others, but they're not coming to mind at the moment.

Last edited:
The abyss bud resucitates lindsay scene still gets me today. the emotion on his face as he curses and slaps her is unbelieveable.

star trek (2009)the begining about kirk being born and the timeline getting screwed.

avatar when jake ride the large bird lizard toruk into the village.

I concur completely with regards to Star Wars (before the not-so-Special Editions, that is). Every scene is a favorite for me; despite the many many many times I've seen it, it still only takes a moment and I'm hooked like I was the first time I saw it in 1975.

Wow, you must've been first in line!

Frankenstein (1931). The sequence that begins with the first time we actually see the Monster as he backs through the doorway, and ends with Henry Frankenstein and Dr. Waldman restraining the Monster after Fritz enters with the torch. Boris Karloff owns this scene, and in my opinion he is the only actor to every convincingly play the Monster as a sympathetic being, as much victim as culprit.

I dunno, I think Peter Boyle pulled that off, too.

And now that I've mentioned Young Frankenstein...one of my Top 10 films of all-time, and THE number 1 greatest comedy of all-time...I think the single best scene in that film is when Dr. Frankenstein is locked in the room with the monster! :lol His strict instructions right before going in to Frau Blucher [WINNIEEEEE!] and Inga to not let him out, then screaming he was kidding and begging to be let out, then "Hello there, handsome!", then empathizing with the monster and bringing him to tears, before building him up and finally climaxing when Inga asks "Are you alright Dr. Frunkensteen?!" by shouting out, "MY NAME...IS FRANK-EN-SCHTEIN!!!!".

But my God, there are countless great scenes in YF. It is a comedic masterpiece from start to finish.

The Wook

ps~sorry Pharchivist, never saw Top Gun, so that's probably why I overlooked it.

Soylent green is people!

To serve man, it's a cookbook.

Opening to "Barbarella"

Anything from "Cabinet of Dr. Caligari."

When Kilmer is playing the trumpet as the place burns around him in "Salton Sea".

Wow, you must've been first in line!
Yeah, it was a long wait, but I was really looking forward to it! :lol

But seriously, while I was typing that I was also thinking about Jaws, and I got the years switched. Thanks for keeping me honest!

I dunno, I think Peter Boyle pulled that off, too.
Hmmm...maybe. But with Young Frankenstein being a comedy it's difficult for me to make that comparison. Besides, in the end he gets Madeline Kahn, so it's hard to feel sorry for him. :love I definitely agree the movie is a masterpiece, and arguably Mel Brooks' best.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back