What the heck are those, Dwayne?

Looch

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, I am thinking of whipping up a cosplay for the upcoming Jungle Cruise film, one of Dwayne Johnson's character Frank Wolff. Anybody have any clue as to what he has on the side of his belt? Victorian sailing gear? Pencil and toothbrush? Lemme know what you think!

Attachments

• jungle-cruise-dwayne-johnson-jack-whitehall-1620980234.jpg
    jungle-cruise-dwayne-johnson-jack-whitehall-1620980234.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 126
The ruler is one of the little 4 fold 1 foot models (most you see are 2 foot models). The Stanley #65 is one. Looks like you need one without the brass reinforcements along the edges, so one of the later years of production.

Edit: the #69 also looks to be a very good match. The major difference is in the part of the center hinge we can't see.

Last edited:
The ruler is one of the little 4 fold 1 foot models (most you see are 2 foot models). The Stanley #65 is one. Looks like you need one without the brass reinforcements along the edges, so one of the later years of production.

Edit: the #69 also looks to be a very good match. The major difference is in the part of the center hinge we can't see.
Perfect, thanks!

So it doesn’t bother anyone that the idiot costumers stuck him with a heavy belt AND heavy suspenders??? How paranoid is the character of his pants falling down? I wear both but NEVER at the same time!

I guess The Rock just likes the redundancy! No-one likes an accidental down-trou situation. Maybe Dwayne is worried that an errant flex in the wrong muscle might cause either one of the belt or braces to break!

So it doesn’t bother anyone that the idiot costumers stuck him with a heavy belt AND heavy suspenders??? How paranoid is the character of his pants falling down? I wear both but NEVER at the same time!
Well, as we know, a pants that has suspenders should not be kitted with loops in the first place! When I see people not wearing the proper pants, it drives me nuts:devil::rolleyes:
Second, I can understand the "Belt + Suspenders" combo if: you have to carry some kind of tool/weapon kinda belt...Then, I could understand the loops on the pants.;)

Currently on Ebay is this brass compass, having a very similar pivot and finial and tightening knob, with the maker's mark of ELLIOT. This might help locate the correct compass.
1626305192801.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back