What should I do when a member sold me

starwrslover

12/14 Well, no news from the police yet. I did however find his phone number and called his useless butt. He still lives at home with mommy, so we'll see what happens now that she knows the story. I am also sending him a letter via registered mail to inform him of my intentions to file a small claims suit. So now we wait some more.

I bought an item on the JY over a month ago. I sent payment as a Postal MO, and the item was never sent. I wanted to use paypal, but he told me he did'nt have a paypal account. I came to learn later that another member bought some things as well, used paypal, and recieved the items two weeks ago. I have sent numerous emails and pm's, with no response. The last contact said the item was being mailed and I'd have it in a few days. This was not a custom piece, which would take time, it was a flash that was "already boxed up and ready to go". What should I do now???
Scott

Like Tony said; Out him.

There is no excuse for leaving a client wondering.

If the deal is dead or the two parties can't communicate a refund should be given.

If you can't get a refund, warn others so the seller can be avoided.

Yep, just respectfully try to get his attention here publicly and you will probably get a favorable response. Some folks just need to have a public nudge. Hopefully it's just coincidence that you were made to use another method of payment and that the paypal thing is new for him. For his sake, that had better be the case... Sounds kinda like a scam the way you describe it. It's certainly worrisome that the info you were given turned out to be different with another customer.

Dave

If it can't be resolved by a mod then name him or her on the RPF,
and warn others so the seller can't rip-off anyone else.

I guess maybe I'm hoping he'll get the idea and make things right. It was'nt a huge ticket item( less than 100 beans), but money is money. I'd be cool if he at least kept me up to date as to why it's not here.

Is this for a Heiland by chance?

If so, they have not posted since Sept 23rd.

I hope you get what you paid for.
I would personally cancel that money order as soon as possible.

Yup, thats it, I know. I'm sure the money order has been cashed, I sent it over a month ago. I'll check on the status tomorrow though.
Scott

Originally posted by starwrslover@Nov 17 2005, 09:14 PM
And I don't want to throw out his name just yet, in case there is a good explanation for it all.
Scott
[snapback]1118353[/snapback]​

You are very kind.

I hope all goes well and you get your item.

Keep us posted....

I will, I am trying to keep a good head about this. I know things come up. It just erks me that I was in contact with another member that got the same story, but he recieved his items.

starwrslover, you say it's no big deal. Less than $100. If you were mugged for the same amount of money, would you call the cops?

I'm sorry, but this type of behavior is a crime. Treat it as such. Go after them. Report them. Prosocute them. OUT them.

It's a crime so stand up for your rights.

I find too many of us in this hobby give people the benefit of doubt much too easy.

If I say I'm gonna ship you something and if you like it then pay me but I don't ship the item, then I'm at worst a liar. But if I take your money first (and keep it) but do not ship the item, then I'm a thief.

I say call a spade a spade.

edit: I forgot to wish you luck in getting your item or your money back.

Originally posted by DrStranglove@Nov 17 2005, 10:03 PM
I forgot to ask.  Was it a USPO money order or like visa or something?
[snapback]1118412[/snapback]​
US Postal Money Order, you buy them at the post office and the person that you make it out to can cash it at any US post office.

First off, he lied to you about PayPal.

Second, he doesn't return emails.

Third, he didn't ship your product.

Why are you giving him any benefit of any doubt? 3 strikes your out..

A good explaination like he was sick, or he's REAL busy or I have a real job and family etc. All excuses are LAME. You have to be a man of your word.

If you sell in the JY you need to be on the ball and get the goods out fast or just don't sell your stuff here.

I've only sold a few things, but I send out the product (usually FedEx overnight) the same day I get the payment.

I say post his name so others don't get suckered by him.

FB

Okay ladies and gents...Its been 48 hours more and still no contact. The member in question is Xyn. If anybody knows him, tell him I want my stuff or a refund. Thanks.
Scott

I must say it is nice to see members coming forward a bit earlier in souring transactions. Many times no one finds out until a dozen or so members have been affected and many months have gone by.

Hopefully this earlier OUTING will serve to put things right for all.

I dropped Xyn a PM with a link to this thread. Hopefully you will hear from him shortly.

I did the same a few days ago. For the record I sugested to Star to give the guy 48 hours to see the thread on the off chance it was a fluke. Now that we know it is a USPO, Star will have ease at getting his money back. What you need to do is go to the PO and tell them the story very simply: "I used a PO, guy will not talk to me or anyone, I want my money back, I feel my money was stolen." Basicely this makes the transaction a felony as Xyn DID steal the cash...

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back