What one prop would you get done on CNC machine?

Akira

I happen to have full access to a steel machine shop, full CNC outfitted etc. All except maybe having one of their CAD guys from drawing something up however.

Which leads me to question, if you had chance to have a prop done through a CNC machine from a CAD drawing, what would you get? I'd like to take advantage of having something made for myself. :)

And is it hard to obtain, I guess apart from asking if anyone has one, a prop available in CAD format?

Tim

Light sabers or Sonics(particularly 9-10)... probably sonic first, then light saber as it's easier(and cheaper) to get a pretty accurate saber.

Not a prop, but a part. There is a small detail on the bottom of the mini nuke from Fallout 3. If I can't do it with clay I might use Shapeways.

Magic heart locket from The Illusionist is just begging for CNC, until I finish making my machine I went with 3D print then casting in metal.

A full size replica of George McFly's grave stone. Done in MDF and then painted and aged to look like stone.

Lots of cool ideas. Hmmm. :love

It's a steel CNC, so literally working with blocks of steel if I were to make something. Was thinking along lines of a light sabre, maybe an Obi grenade one.

Tim

An LED/sound ready 100% screen accurate replica of Count Dooku/Darth Tyrannus curved lightsaber...the Hasbro Dooku was *in The Tick voice* just...plain...wrong.

Brain-Room Key from 2001: A Space Odyssey

Drawing & 3D-Data -> No problem~ :)

Because it's a two piece prop, only the handle need to be CNC- milled.
The bottom part, I can lathe myself.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back