What is your ideal display mannequin?

Costway.com Has this guy. He is a hard plastic not Flimsy. 6' tall and easy to assemble. This manikin is wearing 6" high boots like doctor who. Very easy to assemble and sturdy. Nice metal base. Hes bald and I put the hair look on him but the face is how he comes with realistic eyes. Fingers are separate enough to put gloves on. And best of all it was just under a $100. Worth checking out.
20200106_191720.jpg

Love this resource, but is OnlyMannequins actively selling any longer? A while back their Amazon listings went inactive, their website shop doesn’t seem to allow orders and is listed in my browser as “not secure,” and I never received a reply from their customer service email.

Ok I thought I was only having the issue with trying to place an order! Does anyone else have an answer?

Update: I just attempted to call them & the number is disconnected. Oh well back to searching.....

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to buy at retail the Only Mannequins 70" model GM27E mannequin that Art recommends in the original post? I'm revisiting this because I still need a couple and this model seems to be the only one that is the correct height and a very straight/neutral pose. I think Only Mannequins is wholesale only, so if someone with a business ID can do a group buy someday, I'd be interested.

Last edited:
Has anyone had luck with shorter mannequins in the 5’8” range? Not only am I short, but there are some costumes (ie Robin) that should be on a shorter build.

I got a small female mannequin that was advertised as 5 foot 5 inches for my Crane Corps armor. In the movie these Chinese acrobats are like 5,4 to 5,6 in height. It arrived and after setup I measured. It was 5 foot 8.5 inches tall. I contacted the company (as I spent 160 on it) and they said it’s this way will all mannequins. They stand on their tippy toes and have crazy long legs. Not proportional to the rest of humanity. So I cut off the feet, cut off the creepy head, and replaced it with a soft black egg head. I sprayed the hands and neck black, as they would be the only parts exposed. So my total height is higher than I wanted it to be, but my previous “small” female mannequin was 6,1 and that was not going to fly for this outfit. So some customization might be necessary.

F8ACB857-5801-4344-9D7E-260B35BFD26F.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back