What is your “Holy Grail” of movie props?

Thats so cool, i remember watching the auction for these years ago. Ive always wanted one of the gold droid stunt smgs. I did manage to acquire some main parts of max's rubber stunt exosuit though :)
I really want the damaged Kruger fx head. Someone on here got it in the auction. I tried to track it down so I could offer to buy it, no luck though.

I have nearly a dozen set pieces from CITIZEN KANE....with the exception of a certain snow implement....;)

CK.PNG

Thanks, you've encouraged me enough to show more. :p

Here is the piece with the most screen time, in KANE, but went on to be used again and again by RKO, DESILU and finally PARAMOUNT. In fact, many of the KANE pieces were used in STAR TREK, THE UNTOUCHABLES and more:

That is so cool! Did you get the studio inventory numbers then see which productions they were checked out for?

No, had to do the old fashion way and watch a lot of favorites. It's true RKO used a number system started by Big Tom Little, who did the same for 20th Century Fox when they hired him away in 1935. Those numbers I can decipher, but only for date and type. No prop is marked for use. Little refined the system at FOX making it easier to read, where RKOs can be only be used for date and warehouse location. Some have several markings as they were moved around and, of course, sold to DESILU and then to PARAMOUNT. Many of them, after dozens of use, were retired and finally sold in 2003 when the Culver City lot was sold.

No, had to do the old fashion way and watch a lot of favorites. It's true RKO used a number system started by Big Tom Little, who did the same for 20th Century Fox when they hired him away in 1935. Those numbers I can decipher, but only for date and type. No prop is marked for use. Little refined the system at FOX making it easier to read, where RKOs can be only be used for date and warehouse location. Some have several markings as they were moved around and, of course, sold to DESILU and then to PARAMOUNT. Many of them, after dozens of use, were retired and finally sold in 2003 when the Culver City lot was sold.

Wow--thanks for the history lesson! When I watch old movies, I often wonder where certain props ended up. In many cases, they're gone forever, but you never know what'll turn up.

Many of them are still where they always have been. I'm thinking of WB, Universal, Fox and Paramount, who have quietly sold only a tiny portion of their holdings and still rent them out to TV and Indy productions. That 2003 Paramount sale was handled by a large LA auction house, but the studio refused use of it's logo, images or name. The items, being actual antiques and art, have an intrinsic value as well as a collector's one, and that was all they cared about. Nothing was identified. Pretty sure the modern staffs don't have a clue.

Would love to have the Goonies Trifecta:
Copper Bones Key
Map
Doubloon

And of course the actual holy grail from Last Crusade

Man, that’s a hard question. A lot of things I may have picked have already been mentioned, so I’ll throw a curve ball.. Ben Affleck’s Batman Vs Superman Batsuit. Everything about that suit from top to bottom is absolute perfection. I am hugely inspired by the work of Jose Fernandez as well so it’s a two birds with one stone situation.

A prop that had been almost totally destroyed from road trip PA's - the attache case from From Russia with Love.
EON productions had contacted Swaine Adeney to build a basic attache case for Bond. When the shop received the case, they realized it was too heavy and thick (leather over wood) for them to accessorize it and make it screen viable - so they rebuilt the carcass in Aluminum and built the case from the ground up. The original has 2 throwing knives, one on each side.
This is something I could put on a shelf, and wouldn't need a special garage (as for the DB5!).
MrQbN0e.png

Would love to have the Goonies Trifecta:
Copper Bones Key
Map
Doubloon

And of course the actual holy grail from Last Crusade
All excellent choices! Would love to get my hands on the Holy Grail from the 3rd Indy installment too, though I suspect the odds of finding the real holy grail is higher than the odds of finding the actual screen used prop lol. :p

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back