What is your “Holy Grail” of movie props?

The ORCA.. Sadly my dream prop has already forever been lost to the sands of time... (Universal Studios generic neglect)
If by some curse I ever do win the Lotto someday then shes definitely on the commission to rebuild list
6D131242-2607-4D49-9014-C2B4C0069779.jpeg

Last edited:
The ORCA.. Sadly my dream prop has already forever been lost to the sands of time... (Universal Studios generic neglect)
If by some curse I ever do win the Lotto someday then shes definitely on the commission to rebuild list
Watching Jaws with my Dad at a young age gave me a great love for boating, though sadly I'll probably never be able to afford anything more than a dingy or a rowboat. Because of that, the Orca has a very special place in my heart. Does anybody know if a blueprint or a schematic, even just at a scaled model level, exists?

I don't know where the original is, the animatronic Rex head from SWS. I'm sure it found a good home hopefully. That said, this 3D scan/print I have will have to do ;)
Meant to reply to this, but the original head (not the original skin, mind you, which was replaced prior to Stan mounting the head in the shop) is owned by Scare Factory in Ohio. The original head is towards the back there, next to the Spino animatronic head. The one in the foreground is either the TLW female, reskinned, or simply cast from the original mold. I'm not sure which. OR, it could be the second, insert animatronic, that was used on close ups and high action shots in the first movie (like the Rex smashing through the Ford Explorer window). Though I'd assumed that one was dismantled/destroyed. But who knows!
fsRaseX.jpg

Scare Factory also owns the coveted TLW male animatronic head:
TrolTfQ.jpg

xxXZEcs.jpg

Last edited:
Watching Jaws with my Dad at a young age gave me a great love for boating, though sadly I'll probably never be able to afford anything more than a dingy or a rowboat. Because of that, the Orca has a very special place in my heart. Does anybody know if a blueprint or a schematic, even just at a scaled model level, exists?

This guy makes the best scale replicas of the ORCA that I know of. Been following his work over the last 10+ years and he just keeps getting better and better with every build he makes. Sadly they also sell for 4k+ now and I cant afford to spend that on a scale replica at this stage in my life either rn hahaha. If that lotto win ever happens, hes gonna be the first guy I call about a 1/1 build :love:
I think he might actually be a member here

Last edited:
This guy makes the best scale replicas of the ORCA that I know of. Been following his work over the last 10+ years and he just keeps getting better and better with every build he makes. Sadly they also sell for 4k+ now and I cant afford to spend that on a scale replica at this stage in my life either rn hahaha. If that lotto win ever happens, hes gonna be the first guy I call about a 1/1 build :love:
I think he might actually be a member here

I think Quint's machete just went up for sale recently, I missed it, but it went for about 4.7k In terms of dream props, that is something I'd have def bid on if I had the money. Also a Man of Steel Test Cape was up there too, cant believe I missed that as well.

For me? The Buckaroo Banzai oscillation overthruster. There was one hero and a few casts, but having the one? That would be a Maltese Falcon type item for me. And it’s a cult type piece that’s shown up in Trek and a lot of other series. I don’t even have a replica of one. Someone here did a perfect one but never sold copies.

I know it’s not a lightsaber or a blaster, but I think it’s because a lot of the other things I love, having been made out of found parts (minus OT Trek Lansing party gear which is a good call too), many of us already have super-close screen accurate versions thanks to efforts made here.

I’ve seen this in person once and man, I wanted it so badly.
2A44BA18-6D3E-4E09-9E8B-E70237BB3771-672-000000528052755E.jpg

Hey, that's mine! :D

That's a finished build up of the morganthirteen resin kit replica (he built the master from scratch).

Dude that’s AMAZING! I didn’t mean to say this was a pic of the original, but it’s the best pic I’ve seen. If you ever wanna get rid of it, let me know! [emoji6]

Dude that’s AMAZING! I didn’t mean to say this was a pic of the original, but it’s the best pic I’ve seen. If you ever wanna get rid of it, let me know! [emoji6]
Thanks! I knew that you weren't implying that it was the original. And it will probably never leave my possession, as Shawn is an old friend (he asked me to finish his own Overthruster for him). I pressure cast the clear resin pins for him as well. I think he did an excellent job remastering the thing, based upon the limited knowledge about the detail bits at the time.

BB OT.jpg

Overthruster_002.jpg

Frank Cerney later shared a photo of the original, or one of (?) the originals:

OVER_cer.jpg

I think Quint's machete just went up for sale recently, I missed it, but it went for about 4.7k In terms of dream props, that is something I'd have def bid on if I had the money. Also a Man of Steel Test Cape was up there too, cant believe I missed that as well.
Always loved Quint's French WWII bolo machete. Sadly can't justify the prices they sell on eBay with the condition most of them are in.

I recently picked up one of my Grails, The Chemrail from Elysium. My first one was melted.
View attachment 1299553

View attachment 1299551
This is my most recent addition. One of the screen used Chemrails. So sweet and it was fun to chase it down.

Thats so cool, i remember watching the auction for these years ago. Ive always wanted one of the gold droid stunt smgs. I did manage to acquire some main parts of max's rubber stunt exosuit though :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back