What is this part?Help please...

Kroenen77

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I need help about this part...everyone seen this before?

21680402lp.jpg

if you know the width of that part on the shot i'd half the width and look for that as it looks quite spread

I do not think it's metal braid as it doesn't look even close. I would bet it's corrugated aluminium tube. Just like this:

Aluminum_Corrugated_Tube.jpg

No, its a metal braided cord you can see the weave pattern. It looks like they took the metal braided cord, cut it open and flattened it out.

The picture he has posted is a RotS reveal, which is not the same as the RotJ reveal. RotJ reveal had the braided metal, RotS has corrugated aluminium tube.

I am not all that familiar with corrugated aluminum. All the corrugated aluminum that I have seen have a uniform pattern and the picture of the prop looks more like an alternating pattern. Hense why I made my comment. :$

You are more well informed than I ;)

It does look like braided tubing, but with a finer pattern than the RotJ stuff. I have never taken the time to look for RotS parts I'm afraid.

Thanks guys...right its from the ROTS-Reveal that I also build next to my ROTJ one.
About the part:But nothing has the exact same pattern.And I think the edges are not cutted.

Oh and if you know other parts from the lower jaw of the ROTS post them here please!:)

Sorry for the confusion guys, that bottom pic reminds me of the stuff we use to wrap all the wiring harnesses and plumbing near turbo setups, heat wrap is what we call it, looks like this

Exhaust-Heat-Shield.jpg

I originally thought it looked like heat shielding too... but I think halliwax is onto something with the batter grounding strap. Its a lot closer to the right size to fit in the mask...

Jedi Dade

It could be something like the..I also think that it was in a stripe because both fine edges are the same on every side.Not cutted in a half or something.

And another part...the fine "mesh" behind the mouthsection.It looks like a fabric or something.But what has this exact structure?

23130912pz.jpg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back