What is this black ribbed tubing as seen on mattel ghost traps? And to find it?


Well-Known Member
i need to buy this stuff in metres, so i can cut off what i need as i need it - trouble is i cant find it - the closest i can find is this stuff, but its split due to it being a cable tidy - i need it unsplit - anyone throw a lifeline as to what its called or where it available from in the uk.

i need an outer diameter of 10-12mm, the inside doesnt mattter - it has to be ribbed and flexible plastic

the closest i can find is not good for what i intend to do:
Last edited by a moderator:


Master Member
It looks like split loom tubing. It's used to keep wiring neat, Radio Shack or car audio shops will have it.

*edit* I see you said unsplit, don't know where to get that.


New Member
Hey there
I work in a garden centre and i have some of that exact stuff unsplit (in those dimensions). it came from an old water feature/pond pump. so you may want to try a pond/aquatic specialist.
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.