What is the Worst movie ever made?

I must have blocked Ghosthunters 2016 from my mind. I forgot about that one. Terrible, terrible movie. I loved the cast and had it been a direct sequel and not some unfunny reboot it could have worked and worked really well.

It's just as best that I mostly forgot it. All the blame for it's failure being placed on the fans by cast and crew ruined any chance that I could find something redeeming about it. Sometimes you just have to own up to failure.
What do you mean blame was placed on fans? I am just unfamiliar

What do you mean blame was placed on fans? I am just unfamiliar
The failure of the movie was (falsely) attributed to male fans being threatened or vehemently opposed because it was an all female team. I know there are idiots out there that do feel that way, but I believe most of us just wanted a proper sequel, rather than a reboot that had nothing to do with the established lore, yet included the "no ghosts" emblem, Slimer, an Ecto-1, the firehouse, etc.

The failure of the movie was (falsely) attributed to male fans being threatened or vehemently opposed because it was an all female team. I know there are idiots out there that do feel that way, but I believe most of us just wanted a proper sequel, rather than a reboot that had nothing to do with the established lore, yet included the "no ghosts" emblem, Slimer, an Ecto-1, the firehouse, etc.
Yep. When the trailer appeared on Youtube all of the legitimate critical comments were deleted, but the misogynistic troll comments were left up to give the impression that all the criticism only consisted of that.

When I was a kid, there was this movie that came out in 1991, starring Hulk Hogan (who at the time of filming, I thought was recovering from Earthquake's attack!) and Christopher Llyod, called Suburban Commando. I eight at the time, and absolutely loved it.

Well, I tried watching that movie again, and let me tell you, I had to turn it off just fifteen minutes in.

Some movies and shows of our youth are best left there so they can be remembered fondly but are mostly unwatchable now.
I've been realizing that during the shut down, rewatching a lot of 70s and 80s stuff. It's very rare that I turn off a film, I usually slog through to the end but I've done it twice in the last week.

As a kid I used to think Adventures in Babysitting was one of the funniest movies. Back in 2014 I watched it again to show my wife after 20 plus years and I was shocked at how terrible it was. We made it through it but barely. It was so scatter brained and simply unfunny. The only redeeming quality was Elizabeth Shue. What a beauty!

Elizabeth Shue :love: : The ultimate girl next door!

I loved the "Thor" scene and how Sara was a Thor fangirl at a time when he wasn't a well-known comic book character. I think that might've been my introduction to the God of Thunder actually. They wanted to use Spider-Man initially but Marvel wouldn't allow it. They went down the roster of every character- Captain America, Daredevil, Iron-Man,... -before Marvel eventually said "Here, take this Thor guy and do whatever you want with him". It ended up working out perfectly. Even the writers were happy they ended up with Thor. When she gives him her helmet to keep even though he was such a prick to them, it kinda gives you the feels lol.

I just realized depending on how you interpret that scene, that would've been the first live-action appearance of Thor.

Was it funny? I remember it being more fun than funny but it had moments. Great soundtrack, Chris Columbus directing. One of those quarky 80's movies.

Bah! You're crazy, Psab. That movie is gold:p

Elizabeth Shue :love: : The ultimate girl next door!

I loved the "Thor" scene and how Sara was a Thor fangirl at a time when he wasn't a well-known comic book character. I think that might've been my introduction to the God of Thunder actually. They wanted to use Spider-Man initially but Marvel wouldn't allow it. They went down the roster of every character- Captain America, Daredevil, Iron-Man,... -before Marvel eventually said "Here, take this Thor guy and do whatever you want with him". It ended up working out perfectly. Even the writers were happy they ended up with Thor. When she gives him her helmet to keep even though he was such a prick to them, it kinda gives you the feels lol.

I just realized depending on how you interpret that scene, that would've been the first live-action appearance of Thor.

Was it funny? I remember it being more fun than funny but it had moments. Great soundtrack, Chris Columbus directing. One of those quarky 80's movies.

Bah! You're crazy, Psab. That movie is gold:p

It really is a pretty adorable scene.

When I was a kid, there was this movie that came out in 1991, starring Hulk Hogan (who at the time of filming, I thought was recovering from Earthquake's attack!) and Christopher Llyod, called Suburban Commando. I eight at the time, and absolutely loved it.

Well, I tried watching that movie again, and let me tell you, I had to turn it off just fifteen minutes in.
Something about the super cheesiness of it makes me just love the movie in that weird its so bad that its good kinda way.
If I watched it for the first time now, yeah, probably couldn't do it. Funny how that works sometimes.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back