What is the name of the tubes on the Alien

detale78

I'm trying to find the tubing that is used in the body and sides of the head of the alien. Does anyone know what they are called and what types of stores carry them. Im assuming their plastic and hollow and quite flexible. Any help? I've been to several hardware stores only to find thick metal flexible tubing but dont bellieve that is what it is. Thanks in advance.

I think the name your looking for is convoluted tubing. I've always called it split loom but they also call it split seam. Mainly due to it having one slit in it to go over wiring. They make them in lots of sizes and you should be able to find them in electonic and automotive sections.

The metal version you found is flexable conduit used for power wiring.

Hope this helps.

41Q6gO1RbiL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

41Q6gO1RbiL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Thank you for the information really very helpful. Having a bit of trouble finding a place that carries them but atleast I have a name for them so it makes asking much much easier. Thanks Master Anubis !!!

im an electrician and i use that everyday, its called corrugated conduit (coro for short). It comes in sizes ranging from 16mm diameter to 50mm+, if you go into any electrical wholesalers they will sell that.

Oddly I wasn't expecting to find this information and yet its been the most helpful thread I've read thus far today. *L* Learn something new every day. This should help me finish up some of my trophy skull work though. Awesome thoughts!

Accually it is more of an irrigation/drainage type of tubing in that size. Look at your home improvement stores in the Sprinkler System section or in the Rain Gutter sections.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back