What is the best way to give People My 3d Models

LabFarm

Jr Member
Good Day,

So I have few models I have made for my Cosplay... The Yondu Arrow, His fin, and the prison Gun that Rocket had in the first guardian of the galaxy film.
And I am wondering what would be the best way to share them, Keep track how many have gotten them and have a button that people can donate if they feel like it :D
What are people using.. I have seen something like Gumroad.

Thank you in advance for your comments.. and have a good day

Fin_Arrow.PNGGun.PNG

-Haukur Scott

Thingiverse also meets your specifications, though you have to be sure to have it set up to receive tips if you want them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There quite a few sites.

I use a free site which you can upload different file formats: GRABCAD
other sites are:
Thingiverse (already mentioned)
ETSY - give you files for free or sell.
CGTrader - give you files for free or sell.

There quite a few sites.

I use a free site which you can upload different file formats: GRABCAD
other sites are:
Thingiverse (already mentioned)
ETSY - give you files for free or sell.
CGTrader - give you files for free or sell.

I know you can sell on etsy, but I haven't found a way to give files away free.

I usually release most of my stuff on Thingiverse because it seems like the biggest platform for file-sharing right now. MyMiniFactory is also good in that regard, and tends to have higher-quality models, but I'm less fond of the platform as a whole because they also have some systems set up that favor file exclusivity (meaning, they like it if they're the only place the files in question are published). Understandable from a business standpoint, but if you're sharing, may as well share properly.

I get a few tips on Thingiverse here and there, but it's nothing substantial. I wouldn't expect to profit in a meaningful way on your work while still making it widely available. I know a lot of other forums members do pretty well just selling their files for a token amount on Etsy - $1.00 ain't free, but it's also only $1.00.

If you want to give your files away, then thingiverse. If you want to make a little money, etsy. No shame in asking $10 for a quality download.

Thank you all for so much information and help, I just love this place.. I think I Will end up ísing ETSY that sounds like what most are using and what fits my needs:)
love you all, and peace out!!

Haukur Scott

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back