What is the best metalic paint?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Anakin Starkiller

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
If I paint with Alcad, will I be able to handle the object afterwards. I'm using this on a saber and I've heard that people sometimes have had problems with Alcad sticking, and I kniow that you can't use a sealer over it. Thanks

Dan Stokes

Tan Djarka

Sr Member
I know this is waaaaay late, but for an aluminum (NOT polished or chrome) finish try Walmart's house brand (aluminum #20012). I picked some up as a general purpose silver paint, but WOW! Not only does it provide a credible and shiny immitation of aluminum, it also dries to the touch fairly quick (about five minutes) and DOES NOT PICK UP FINGERPRINTS!

Sluis Van Shipyards

Master Member
I used Alclad steel on my Kamino Saberdart display and it's not tacky at all. I think it depends on if you use a good gloss black for the primer coat.