What is the best Ep III Clone Armor?

Bottom line is there are only acouple guys that have done "good" clone armour... those couple of guys have no interest in selling to the general public (which is understable).

You have to get it from a couple of guys that don't sell to the general public as Saxe Coburg said. Which makes it quite challenging I imagine. The best bet is to watch ebay, and buy one that was pre-owned. You may have to pay extra, but a lot of work is done...you just mainly tweak.

That being said, I may sell my current suit in a month or two. But, I will probably sell it on the clonetroopers board since RPF members cannot buy it due to it's origins and the remarks by mods. It has been a good suit.

Later,

John

Originally posted by GeneralMayhem@Jan 3 2006, 06:07 AM
OK, now that we know from whom NOT to buy clone armor, whose armor SHOULD we buy?
[snapback]1149332[/snapback]​

I'm on the fence about alot of things including clone armor w/ what MR is doing.

I mean I put together the most screen accurate SE Fett 2 yrs ago for the budget I had (which was IMO a goooood chunk), which included a slightly modified MSH2 (Chris, u still the best).

Started researching ST armor & now clone armor too.

But the recent MR releases (Clone & Vader buckets), plus the scheduled releases (ST & Fett buckets plus Fett blaster) & supposed costuming releases (AS & OWK) makes me want to sit the fence.

I know this has been discussed but does anyone else feel the way I do?? Possible MR armor / kits??

I mean my resin Fett blaster is great for trooping, but an MR should be alot better (barring 30 pounds).... geez, I really only need 1 of everything, but wants are a different story... lol.... :D

Originally posted by The Mantis@Jan 2 2006, 07:16 AM

I ... was VERY happy with it and I believe people were adequately impressed.

It's very good (both Ep II & Ep III versions, which continuously improve). Ultimately it's finishing and details if the base armor is correct as can be. Some people excel more at helmets than armor and vice versa, but options are great.

I get the impression that if any one wears Glover Armor, they are free targets of ridicule.

I actually do not know if Glover recasted his clone armor, or who from, or if the clone armor is a recast. I do know Glover admitted to recasting some Star Wars items a long time ago, he took some punishment, and apologized and said it was when he was a newbie starting out. That is all I know...and no more. I am sure all the facts are being shared via PM...so, bring it in open forum with proof, or quit the flaming.

That being said, so anyone wearing recognizeable Glover Armor should not be depended upon as a valid resource for people seeking clone armor here? Take a poll and ask me if I should leave or not. I will abide either way.

Here is an interesting analogy...I heard there was a recaster on thedentedhelmet, and insiders will know who I am talking about by the info I offer, without any flaming occuring. The story I heard was 18-24 months ago, a Fett helmet recaster (either a screen used or DP deluxe) gifted helmets to all the moderators of thedentedhelmet so they would "grandfather" him in, or turn a casual eye towards his recasting. I bet every TDHer here knows who I am speaking of. Not to mention there is so much incestuous recasting on TDH, it could not be handled in an objective and reasonable way by leadership...just witch hunts and favoritism.

That being said, I know many clone armor makers (including Michael). Perhaps more than anyone on this forum. If the mods, or burned and/or bummed out old-timers here want to dismiss me to make a point (as some continued punishment to Michael), then they make it hard for a large population of RPFers to get clone suits. And if you want to flame me for being honest here, go ahead, and I will feed all this information to every clone armor maker that I know. It won't make it easier to get suits...but harder.

I ask a favor from clone armor seekers, please check remarks from guys flaming me. I am not trying to incite anything, I just would appreciate it. This has become real crummy and I have gotten some turd-filled PMs to boot.

John

Originally posted by rudolpht+Jan 8 2006, 12:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rudolpht @ Jan 8 2006, 12:43 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-The Mantis
@Jan 2 2006, 07:16 AM

I ... was VERY happy with it and I believe people were adequately impressed.

It's very good (both Ep II & Ep III versions, which continuously improve). Ultimately it's finishing and details if the base armor is correct as can be. Some people excel more at helmets than armor and vice versa, but options are great.
[snapback]1153469[/snapback]​
[/b]

Can we please leave the Glover discussions out of this? That's not the point of this thread.

I would be most appreciative if we could take the debate elsewhere. :)

Thanks.

heres a question to bring this back OT, has anyone come up with an accurate ep. 2 clone unersuit?
next question, are the undersuits the same in ep. 3?
DSCF0059.JPG

ct_med03.jpg

these reference shots i found at studiocrations

Hey Joe,

I appreciate your level-headed response. I was mainly addressing some harsh PMs saying I was shilling for him...mainly from some TDH guys with a grudge towards me. I do not do Fett anything, anymore, period. And, MG has been generous to me, and I have not had any issues with him, whatsoever. Others may have, and they light him up in several forums.

And the reason it became a debate was because I was warned not to help sell his stuff here in PMs I received, and some pretty warm posts in the open string.

So, if I wanted, I could not even sell my current suit, though it has armor from 3 other makers integrated into it. So, I am hobbled a bit, since I may want to liquidate this suit to get a new suit from another maker.

I know several makers of armor and helmets. My next suit will not be a MG suit. That being said, I can't say anything bad or negative about my current suit since I only get compliments about it (except the RPF is the only, single place that I have been insulted and treated rudely, merely for knowing MG and wearing his armor...and for being banned on TDH), and I won a costume contest the only time I ever competed in one. It is a good suit, that by its design, fits many people, big and small, fat and thin. I am both very tall (6'2") and pretty fat (250 lbs.).

[edit by mod--no sale info]

And agreed, no more debating, let's turn this into a resource for guys wanting clone armor...not a flame room with threats. Man, I have been threatened so much on RPF, I am tired of it.

Regards,

John

Originally posted by Gytheran@Jan 8 2006, 05:55 AM
Can we please leave the Glover discussions out of this?  That's not the point of this thread.

I would be most appreciative if we could take the debate elsewhere. :)

Thanks.
[snapback]1153643[/snapback]​

John, please drop the Glover talk and stop trying to sell suits here. New members cannot sell on the RPF for the protection of both senior and new members.

I'm sorry if you feel attacked, but recasters represent all that is evil and wrong with this world. They steal and have no regard for others. But worse, at the end of the day, they can still live with themselves.

To me, there is no moral difference between recasting and breaking into someone's home and looting their personal items. Just because you "didn't do it" doesn't mean you're not as guilty if you knowingly pass off stolen goods to others.

If you want to broker stolen goods, it is not welcome here. Otherwise, you're very welcome to post as you wish under the CoC, and I hope to see you create and contribute to the community here in the future. If you have anything furthur to say, PM me directly, and do not post furthur about Glover. Thanks.

its lame that no one can really offer anyone here an alternative to buying recast garbage.

my input here is:

i would rather make my own, with no sculpting ability whatsoever, and have ti come out like crap and look like a fool, than buy the finest looking recast on the market. lets hope sometime in the near future someone will start selling some good stuff

and what about that undersuit???

I believe the armor itself did not change from Ep II to Ep III, except for the helmet. It would stand to reason the undersuit is also the same... that is if they did not come up with completely new CG files for Ep III. :)

my two cents...

I think the armor is essentially the same from Episode II to III... however, some of the Koto models show the elbow armor different than the Episode II stuff. Even from screen caps, it's hard to tell if this is correct in Episode III. I also think the black undersuit is the same, too.

And lastly, with regards to other armor options... while I do not consider myself a vendor, I am taking on the task of making Episode III clone armor myself. I'm only 50% done, so please no inquires. UNK Clone Armor

It's strange how people talk about sellers (MG and others) as offering recast suits, yet obviously no one sells or offers original suits. If it was recast, what was it recast from?

hows about the mods just come in here and delete any post about the whole "recast" issue and get this thread back on track????

WC, if people are attacking you via PM, respond via PM, no need to bring it to the board

The MG clone armor is not recast in any way, shape, or form. He has revised his armor several times(at least 5), and several people have recast his armor. Maybe that's where some confusion comes in. MG and MM7 have been making clone armor the longest. BM has also started making armor but it is not widely known or distributed. KAW has finally started producing their armor, but it is only for the people who ordered it(?). C6 only sells armor to a select few. There are a few other people(CMN) who are starting to make armor, but they are still in the planning/producing stages(?).

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back